Most Underused Muppets?

cjd874

Reaction score
I have really missed Robin the frog as of late!
Hopefully Matt Vogel will do a great job with Robin, as he has done with Floyd Pepper, Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry, and Lew Zealand.
In terms of underused Muppets, I feel that Robin and Scooter could be used more in upcoming Muppet projects.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about Muppets like Lenny, or Droop. I miss the ones like Rowlf, Robin, The band, and even as of late Gonzo that have not been used much. To bring out random Muppets like that is great for big group scenes, but I really think there needs to be a bigger focus on some of the Muppets that where fixtures on The Muppet Show.

Reaction score
Bruno,the infamous heavy in the season 5 episode that guest starred Shirley Bassey.(Pity Miss Piggy was absent from that episode.Bruno would have deserved a "HYAAH".)
I think he had brief appaerances in Roger Moore's episode,as well as Paul Simon's episode.But he seemed to play a different role each time.He's never been seen since.

I miss Hilda.They should have kept her on the series beyond season 1.It would have been interesting to see how she would have related to later characters like Bouragard,Link,Strangepork,Annie Sue,or Pops.Not to mention the makeover versions of Fozzie and Miss Piggy(as opposed to their season 1 prototype versions).

Nigel.He hosted the original Muppet Show pilot"Sex And Violence".But then his role was reduced to orchestra pit conducter in the first two seasons.By season 3 he was long gone.

Wally.I could be wrong,but,his only appearance was host of"The Muppets Valentines Show".

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Bruno,the infamous heavy in the season 5 episode that guest starred Shirley Bassey.(Pity Miss Piggy was absent from that episode.Bruno would have deserved a "HYAAH".)
I think he had brief appaerances in Roger Moore's episode,as well as Paul Simon's episode.But he seemed to play a different role each time.He's never been seen since.

I miss Hilda.They should have kept her on the series beyond season 1.It would have been interesting to see how she would have related to later characters like Bouragard,Link,Strangepork,Annie Sue,or Pops.Not to mention the makeover versions of Fozzie and Miss Piggy(as opposed to their season 1 prototype versions).

Nigel.He hosted the original Muppet Show pilot"Sex And Violence".But then his role was reduced to orchestra pit conducter in the first two seasons.By season 3 he was long gone.

Wally.I could be wrong,but,his only appearance was host of"The Muppets Valentines Show".
Nigel, although silent was in the OK Go video of there version of the Muppet Show Theme and was also in the end credits of the 2011 movie The Muppets.

Wally, was just a simple Whatnot Muppet preformed by Jim for that particular show. I think that one reason that pilot did not work was because of Wally. When they finally gave Kermit the MC role it worked, and Wally was moved to the audience.

As for Hilda, I think from season one of The Muppet Show to now, the Muppets have changed. With that change I think there would really not be much place for her. I think next to Wane and Wanda she was the most boring in Season One.