Your Thoughts: Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular on ABC

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does everybody keep saying Bobo is obscure? He's been a part of the Classic Muppets since the 90s.

And I still don't see how Piggy came off as one-dimensional, she's always been a little pushy, a little jealousy over Kermie, and wanting the spotlight all to herself... none of that is anythingnew under the sun.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
So can anyone make a muppet only fan edit? Just saying. Curious how long it would be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, before anybody does that, they would have to figure how long the entire special was without commercials to avoid any discrepencies.

cjd874

Reaction score
Why does everybody keep saying Bobo is obscure? He's been a part of the Classic Muppets since the 90s.

And I still don't see how Piggy came off as one-dimensional, she's always been a little pushy, a little jealousy over Kermie, and wanting the spotlight all to herself... none of that is anythingnew under the sun.
Because Bobo hasn't had huge roles in Muppet projects other than Muppets Tonight, Muppets from Space, and The Muppets 2011. To me, he's not as obscure as Droop, Nigel, Brewster, or Angus McGonagle, but he's certainly not as famous as Rowlf, Scooter, Sam the Eagle, Dr. Teeth, or even Sweetums and Crazy Harry.
As for Piggy, it just seems that she is even more pushy and jealous than ever. Yes, even more than in the classic episodes like Linda Ronstadt & Florence Henderson, and the classic movies as well (MTM, anyone?). It seems like if ANYONE touches her frog or even dares to make polite conversation with him, she sees it as akin to "hitting" on Kermit or trying to take him away; and then she goes postal on Kermit, the unlucky guest, or both. Honestly, I'm just not a fan of that.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Because Bobo hasn't had huge roles in Muppet projects other than Muppets Tonight, Muppets from Space, and The Muppets 2011. To me, he's not as obscure as Droop, Nigel, Brewster, or Angus McGonagle, but he's certainly not as famous as Rowlf, Scooter, Sam the Eagle, Dr. Teeth, or even Sweetums and Crazy Harry.
As for Piggy, it just seems that she is even more pushy and jealous than ever. Yes, even more than in the classic episodes like Linda Ronstadt & Florence Henderson, and the classic movies as well (MTM, anyone?). It seems like if ANYONE touches her frog or even dares to make polite conversation with him, she sees it as akin to "hitting" on Kermit or trying to take him away; and then she goes postal on Kermit, the unlucky guest, or both. Honestly, I'm just not a fan of that.
What? That makes no sense.
  • Bobo had a featured role as a main player in most of Muppets Tonight's 22 episodes.
  • A prominent part in prime time television special, Letters to Santa
  • A featured role prime time television special, A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
  • A starring role in major motion picture, Muppets From Space
  • And appearances in most every other venture the Muppets have had since his introduction.
Not only has he been featured many more times than Angus, Nigel, Droop and Brewster combined; since his introduction, Bobo has had more spoken lines than Sam the Eagle or the Electric Mayhem. More than Rowlf and Scooter until very, very recently.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was also in both IAVMMCM and MWoO.

He wasn't in Muppets' Wizard of Oz. Maybe it's just me but it seems like he was gone during that period, and then came back in 2008 (while Johnny and Sal started to be dropped). Then again there weren't many Muppet projects between 2006-2008.

cjd874

Reaction score
What? That makes no sense.
  • Bobo had a featured role as a main player in most of Muppets Tonight's 22 episodes.
  • A prominent part in prime time television special, Letters to Santa
  • A featured role prime time television special, A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
  • A starring role in major motion picture, Muppets From Space
  • And appearances in most every other venture the Muppets have had since his introduction.
Not only has he been featured many more times than Angus, Nigel, Droop and Brewster combined; since his introduction, Bobo has had more spoken lines than Sam the Eagle or the Electric Mayhem. More than Rowlf and Scooter until very, very recently.

JV, I know that he had major roles in MT, MFS, and TM 2011. That's exactly what I said in my post. I'm not saying that nobody has ever heard of Bobo. My point is that if we classified Muppets as A-listers (Kermit, Piggy) through D-listers (Angus, Brewster), Bobo would be somewhere in between: again, not as famous as Sam, Scooter and Rowlf, but certainly not like Droop or Angus. I guess I'm too familiar with the Jim Henson-era Muppets, because I never considered Bobo a major character. Anyhow, I enjoyed Bobo's appearance in the Gaga special and I hope that they continue to use him in future Muppet projects.