The closing themes of Sesame Street

sesamefan30

Reaction score
Did episode 2447 use the nighttime version of the theme song for its closing? I know the setting took place in Birdland anyway...

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'm curious: wasn't there an episode where it's night time and right before the ending theme stops playing, Maria says "Good night!"?

By the way, I heard the bells/horns theme on youtube and it sounds really funky!

dinoboy

Reaction score
i always loved the nightime closing theme, as It's heard in the end of the episode where the Count is on the SS lampost and counts the lights going out. He's going to have to wait till morning for the lampost to go out. I always thought that the night theme was a lullabye tune.

sesamefan30

Reaction score
I think that was episode 666 if I am correct...they played the nighttime version longer than they normally did in most episodes that took place at night. It definitely sounds like a lullaby tune.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
I can't remember the closing credits to Season 33 (2002), were they the short ones or the ones from Season 32 in 2001. I know they showed it every Friday!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but do any of you remember the "funky chimes"?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't remember watching Sesame Street as a kid, but I know that I grew up with the Season 30 theme.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but do any of you remember the "funky chimes"?
That was more a funding credits than a true closing theme. But yeah, that's every old school Sesame Street fan's jam. Even the PBS broadcast episodes of Shalom Sesame had the Funky Chimes at the end...

it comes in at 1L13 or so... but I vividly remember seeing this after those episodes. I wonder if they used it for any other Sesame Street based special. I can't remember.