Video: Watch Gordon Ramsay Compete with The Swedish Chef

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry, I haven't seen this Muppisode because of the stupid "403 Forbidden" message, so you've got me beat on this foodfight.

Congrats on being a certified rehab RN, hope you didn't burn down the house with that degree.
Er, that's a Chowder reference, I hexpect only Drtooth will recognize it if he's reading this. :zany:

ftnpro

Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is: I wish that Lady Gaga's 90-minute so called "Holiday Spectacular" had been as good as this three-minute Muppisode.

You put it perfectly! This is great because it's the Muppets being themselves, doing funny crazy stuff, and then getting outta there before the joke wears thin. More Muppisodes!

cjd874

Reaction score
You put it perfectly! This is great because it's the Muppets being themselves, doing funny crazy stuff, and then getting outta there before the joke wears thin. More Muppisodes!
And also because this was really about the Muppets, and not about the celebrity guest star. Gordon Ramsey was definitely the reluctant second fiddle player here in the same way that John Cleese and Mark Hamill were on the Muppet Show, which was all the better for us fans of classic Muppet humor. Plus, Kermit and the gang managed to fit in with the rest of society, which reminds me of what I call The Trilogy, (the three feature length movies that were made while Jim Henson was alive).

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
All these post about potty humor makes me think you guys never saw Land of the Gorch... Mooblies and all that jazz.

Beauregard

Reaction score
All these post about potty humor makes me think you guys never saw Land of the Gorch... Mooblies and all that jazz.
My original post was mostly a joke about the incredible fuss that gets caused over some things, and not over others.

i.e. Muppets/Gaga everyone hates/this, everyone loves
Miss Piggy saying "I gotta pee!" in MFS everyone hates/this no one has a problem with.

I, personally, have no issue with fart shoes, Miss Piggy's toilet habits or Land of Gorch.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I didn't exactly understand what was said involving Miss Piggy and the cupcake truck, and when Sweetums was selected, I noticed Mr. Ramsey gave him another name, but didn't quite understand what it was.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I agree, but they've never used the word "fart" until the Segel and Stoller screenplay. That was lazy, cheap and uninspired. The shoes created the humor without need for that particular descriptive word.

Smart writers know how to use imply something rude without having to employ crude language to do so. If we're going to allow the Muppets to say fart, then why stop there? There are plenty of other four-letter words they could use.

Don't get me wrong. Crude words have a place in humor. I love Richard Pryor comedy. I just place the Muppets closer to the Bill Cosby end of the spectrum.
Stranger things have happened in:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_in_which_Kermit_was_Never_Born

I guess in this day and age, there are some things which would be way too much for Sam the Eagle's standards.

While the idea of "fart shoes" wasn't very well received, the alternate universe of IaVMMCM where Kermit wished he'd never been born sounds like the kind of stuff that could aptly be defined as "nightmare fuel"....

Beauregard

Reaction score
I didn't exactly understand what was said involving Miss Piggy and the cupcake truck, and when Sweetums was selected, I noticed Mr. Ramsey gave him another name, but didn't quite understand what it was.
I didn't get the cupcake joke at all! I mean, I got that it was supposed to be healthy and that was the joke -- but then she just ran off?