Most Underused Muppets?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
:electric::skeptical::news::crazy::fishy:

Maybe those guys have been seen recently- but even if they have, it'd still be nice to see bigger roles for them. (Okay- well, maybe not the Newsman- but I hope he gets a brief spot in the new movie doing his usual schtick.)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I kind of miss Bean Bunny. Someone on the TP made a good point about an episode of MT here Bean cameoed: Bean was funny on JHH and the Disney World special, but he then became just a punching bag for no reason, whereas useless characters like Andy and Randy were so frequent on MT.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Digit: Hasn't been seen since JHH except for one unlockable video game appearance in Muppet Cruise Party.

Fiama: Last seen in Bohemian Rhapsody. Somehow, paired with Sal all those years, the character can't be seen without him, so either Sal needs to be recast or Brian needs to come back to get both characters.

Newsman: Will be in Muppets Most Wanted

Crazy Harry: Don't see why they're afraid to use him. He's the Muppets' pyrotechnical special effects expert, not anything sinister.

Lew: Dude... he was just in the Gaga special and no doubt will have some appearance of some kind in MMW.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I know it's probably because their played by the same people, and I know it's kind of off-topic, but has anyone noticed that Miss Piggy has never once said a word to Fozzie, Or vice versa?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I know it's probably because their played by the same people, and I know it's kind of off-topic, but has anyone noticed that Miss Piggy has never once said a word to Fozzie, Or vice versa?
There was some minor interaction between the two during the first season of TMS (when Frank and Richard were alternating Piggy). Not to mention the animated spin-offs and several books - if you really wanted to count those.

cjd874

Reaction score
One of the last Muppets I expected to see in the Gordon Ramsey Muppisode was Pops. I'm very glad that he's been brought back (by Matt Vogel, if I'm not mistaken), since he hasn't had a major speaking role in many years. I hope to see him and other rare Muppets again in other Muppet-related projects.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Digit: Hasn't been seen since JHH except for one unlockable video game appearance in Muppet Cruise Party.

Fiama: Last seen in Bohemian Rhapsody. Somehow, paired with Sal all those years, the character can't be seen without him, so either Sal needs to be recast or Brian needs to come back to get both characters.

Newsman: Will be in Muppets Most Wanted

Crazy Harry: Don't see why they're afraid to use him. He's the Muppets' pyrotechnical special effects expert, not anything sinister.

Lew: Dude... he was just in the Gaga special and no doubt will have some appearance of some kind in MMW.
Thanks for the breakdown, man. I'd definitely love to see Johnny Fiama and Sal both together again- it'd be cool to see them at least in a cameo together for the new movie.
Good to know the Newsman will be in "Muppets Most Wanted".
I haven't seen the Gaga special (and not sure that I really want to)- so I didn't know about Lew Zealand showing up there- thanks for the tip though. When I get a chance, I want to check out the clip I saw online with just the Muppets footage from that special.
Yeah- I feel fairly certain he will appear somewhere in the new movie- I guess the question is, "How big of a role will he have?"
I hope Crazy Harry shows up too- he's always good for a laugh.
And Digit is kind of a long shot I know, but still- it'd be nice to see him used again. By the way, besides The Jim Henson Hour, he was also in "Cliff's Nightmare" episode of "The Cosby Show". (I love "The Cosby Show" anyway- but to see the Muppets appear on there too- that episode is just great!)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
There was some minor interaction between the two during the first season of TMS (when Frank and Richard were alternating Piggy). Not to mention the animated spin-offs and several books - if you really wanted to count those.
If by animated spin-offs you mean "Muppet Babies"- I definitely count that!:smile: But yeah- it's usually kinda standard that characters who are operated by the same people don't tend to interact with each other much (though it's not always the case).