Your Thoughts: "The Great Muppet Caper" and "Muppet Treasure Island" on Blu-ray

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed it too! Whenever Gonzo and Rizzo piped up, it was like they were asking you to pause the film so that a behind-the-scenes clip would play or something. Then they would say stuff like,"We're back!!!!" or, "Meanwhile, on Muppet Treasure Island...." to return to the film.

That was weird, but oddly amusing...
The commentary came straight from Disney's first DVD release of the film. And on that particular release, Gonzo's and Rizzo's comments would lead to some behind the scenes clips. I don't have the new Blu-ray release, but are you saying that the behind the scenes clips aren't included?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed it too! Whenever Gonzo and Rizzo piped up, it was like they were asking you to pause the film so that a behind-the-scenes clip would play or something. Then they would say stuff like,"We're back!!!!" or, "Meanwhile, on Muppet Treasure Island...." to return to the film.

That was weird, but oddly amusing...

I've read that the commentary on the original DVD release had them introducing special "hidden treasures". So I'm guessing that didn't make it to the Blu-ray (which is surprising, I would think that if that could be accomplished on the original DVD then it should be on the Blu-ray)?

I wonder what the point is of having two additional DVDs with just the movies and no bonus features. If they're not going to put bonus features on the DVDs, shouldn't they just put both movies on the same disc? Is there a GMC/MTI DVD or is this Blu-ray/DVD combo all that's available right now?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
The commentary came straight from Disney's first DVD release of the film. And on that particular release, Gonzo's and Rizzo's comments would lead to some behind the scenes clips. I don't have the new Blu-ray release, but are you saying that the behind the scenes clips aren't included?
That's right, there's no clips included unless I've been doing it wrong. Did the clips come on automatically, or did you actually have to pause the film to watch them?

I've read that the commentary on the original DVD release had them introducing special "hidden treasures". So I'm guessing that didn't make it to the Blu-ray (which is surprising, I would think that if that could be accomplished on the original DVD then it should be on the Blu-ray)?

I wonder what the point is of having two additional DVDs with just the movies and no bonus features. If they're not going to put bonus features on the DVDs, shouldn't they just put both movies on the same disc? Is there a GMC/MTI DVD or is this Blu-ray/DVD combo all that's available right now?
I've got the Blu-ray combo and it is all on one disc- even the bonus features from both. Unless there is a different pack from mine, the bonus features were always going to be questionable.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Anybody know if the MMW sneak peek is just a trailer or is it a clip?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I must have the wrong sort of combo because there was no MMW trailer or clip to be found on mine....that kinda sucks.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Oh that sucks yeah there is a bluray with both films and each film has a dvd so its a 3 pack

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Here is the "Sneak Peak" of "Muppets Most Wanted" this is what is on the bul ray in the previews section.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That is indeed what I am saying! Gonzo and Rizzo's intros for the behind the scenes "Hidden Treasures" are still on the commentary, which can be very confusing to anyone who has not seen or heard the original commentary. It's like this:

2002 Commentary:
Rizzo: Stop the movie we have to show you this!
(the movie would then automatically pause and go into a "Hidden Treasure" behind the scenes clip.When it was over it would go back to the paused movie)
Rizzo & Gonzo together: We're back! (The movie would continue to play until the next one)

2013 Commentary:
Rizzo: Stop the movie we have to show you this!
(Nothing happens two seconds latter)
Rizzo & Gonzo together: We're back!
So you can see how confusing that would be to someone who has not seen the original. My thoughts on this where the fact that they had two movies on one disk, and more then likely ran out of room. If that where the case then they should have ether deleted Gonzo & Rizzo out completely, or just recorded a new commentary with them all together.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah that's weird that they didn't include those clips. I'm pretty sure I watched the original DVD with commentary at one point... but I honestly don't remember the movie cutting to different clips during mid-commentary (but it was a long time ago when I first watched it lol). It was either an oversight on Disney's part or they just said "screw it" lol.

Also, I do like how the slipcover has a picture of Kermit in pirate outfit on one side and Kermit in reporter outfit on the other. It's cool that you can choose which one you want facing out on your shelf.

muppetlover123

Reaction score

Here is the "Sneak Peak" of "Muppets Most Wanted" this is what is on the bul ray in the previews section.
That's sad i thought this and the lady gaga special when they say "preview" that they meant a clip from the movie.