E-mail for Muppet Show DVD seasons 4 & 5

Slackbot

Reaction score
And I'm expressing mine, which is that you were out of line there.

If you think that someone can just contact Disney and get info on those DVDs, by all means go for it. Be sure to let us know what you find out.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think we have to start over, and start to build our own relationships with Disney, Sesame, and Henson. There was a time when the relationship between fan and those companies where fairly good. It seems like that relationship has fallen to the way side, and is no longer there.
I think that it can not be done on a personal level, but maybe as Muppet Central as a whole. I personally would love to be a part of it, but I would not know where to start.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They may no longer have the inside contacts they used to. The contacts they have may not be giving out any information at all. They can't force Disney to tell us anything if Disney's policy is to say nothing. Calling these people lazy, cowardly liars is, in my opinion, uncalled for.
Oh yes. Definitely. The only way we got information the last 2 times was that we had a contact that had a contact. We lost our contacts, who haven't posted in years. We haven't heard from Secret Squirrel (who used to give us real insider info on Muppet AND Sesame Street projects), and the Muppet Newsflash website hasn't been updated forever. We haven't had any contact from the contacts' contacts, and I'm sure those who own this site, Muppet Mindset, and Toughpigs don't know who the insider was. Heck, the fact we even got that information in the first place was miraculous.

Disney, and any company for that matter isn't going to simply divulge info to just anyone, owning a website or otherwise.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think we have to start over, and start to build our own relationships with Disney, Sesame, and Henson. There was a time when the relationship between fan and those companies where fairly good. It seems like that relationship has fallen to the way side, and is no longer there.
I think that it can not be done on a personal level, but maybe as Muppet Central as a whole. I personally would love to be a part of it, but I would not know where to start.
We could start by coaxing Phillip Chapman into doing exactly that.

Maybe even start outcries to get SecretSquirrel, GelflingWaldo/The Muppet Newsflash, etc. to come out of their long-time siestas and resume getting info for us all. :big_grin:

I wonder why they stopped and decided to abandon us all anyway...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I still wonder if a huge factor as to why the releases of Seasons 4 and 5 have been delayed could be because of The Muppets Studio focusing the majority of their time, money and resources on the two recent theatrical films.

If so, I hope that (and I know I could get pelted with tomatoes for saying this) once Muppets Most Wanted is completed, instead of starting on yet another theatrical film, they redirect their attention to releasing the remaining Muppet Show seasons and other vintage Muppet material like Muppets Tonight, the Tales from Muppetland specials, etc. on DVD; producing new viral videos; etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't see why Disney doesn't release anything when a movie comes out. Some bull about how it's "confusing." I still call bull on not releasing Buzz Lightyear of Star Command when TS3 came out. And Toy Story is one of their staple franchises. It's like they want to pretend that show never existed... which sucks because it was a brilliant show.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I honestly don't see why Disney doesn't release anything when a movie comes out. Some bull about how it's "confusing." I still call bull on not releasing Buzz Lightyear of Star Command when TS3 came out. And Toy Story is one of their staple franchises. It's like they want to pretend that show never existed... which sucks because it was a brilliant show.
I don't even want to think why Disney would say that releasing the Muppet Show season sets near the new Movie release. Part of the main plot to the new movie is the Muppet Show, so how could that be confusing?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Let's stop fighting amongst ourselves and start creating our relationships with the companies already!
Ok I am behind you 100%, and I think to start there needs to be an open letter construed. Something to the point, but kind. Then we need to start really gathering folks together and get the support to get this going.