Bringing Back the Bells...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My names Ashley : )
Oh! Thanks, Ashley! You will like this interesting holiday as much as I do. This is my second year around to join in "Bring Back The Bells" tradition.

If we ring the bells, let's not just think about Jim, but also about Jerry, Faz, Richard, and so many others that were part of this tradition a way while back.

I have my Wembley plush and I am ready.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
YOU HAVE A WEMBLEY PLUSH? Oh Colly,you are sooo lucky! I have my Jerry Nelson memorial t-shirt with Gobo on it and that's IT.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
YOU HAVE A WEMBLEY PLUSH? Oh Colly,you are sooo lucky! I have my Jerry Nelson memorial t-shirt with Gobo on it and that's IT.
Then wear it on the 21st. Trust me! Ignore people that are mean to you just because you wear that t-shirt and if there others that like it then that's good.

Think about this quote:
"I will be joining all the other bell ringers this December 21st. Thanks for the info. First I've heard of it but happy to make it part of our tradition." -- Jerry Nelson on December 21st, 2010 (about 3 years ago)

BTW: You might want to maybe wear a sweater before putting on the t-shirt you mentioned.

Convincing John

Reaction score

Convincing John

Reaction score
I was referring to the winter solstice. The time and date of the solstice varies from year to year. What are you referring to, if not that?
Well, way back in the old days of MC, there was a chat that happened around that time each Dec. 21st. Different MC members would ring bells. That's what I was thinking of.

Maybe we should all vote on a time that would be good for everyone to ring a bell. :coy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ah, okay. I'm a relative newcomer, so I didn't know about that tradition.

I have almost a dozen puppets now, all but one of 'em Fraggles. Where am I going to get bells for 'em all?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The same place you got Skeeter's accessories? Doll/hobby shop?
*Singing the 12 Puppets of Slackbot. :zany:

Edit: There's a wonderful article written by ConvincingJohn himself at the Muppet Mindset explaining the ringing of the bells for those who may not know about this annual MC holiday tradition.
Although it should be said the time of the episode was 9:00 PM CST, so adjust your times accordingly.

Also... When I hear the phrase "the ringing of the bells", I immediately associatively think of the song "The Closing of the Year" from Toys, a movie starring Robin Williams and others.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I will ring my ornament bell at 9:00p.m. and 10:00p.m. I couldn't ring my bell or something on 12:11p.m, because I had some tasks to do, things to prepare... I forgot to ring the bell at exactly that time at noon.

I'm really confused... the agreed apoun time is....?
Me too! I can't whether to ring my ornament bell at 9:00 or 10:00p.m.