TV Alert: ABC Family's Muppet Movie Marathon Sunday January 5

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Sunday, get ready for four Muppet movies in a row on ABC Family including: "Muppet Treasure Island" (2 pm eastern, 1 pm central), "The Muppets Take Manhattan" (4 pm eastern, 3 pm central), "The Muppet Movie" (6 pm eastern, 5 pm central) and the network TV debut of "The Muppets" at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central with an encore broadcast directly afterwards at 10 pm eastern, 9 pm central.

No doubt we'll also see some promos and behind-the-scenes moments for "Muppets Most Wanted" coming to theaters March 21, 2014 as well.

Order The Muppets on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy.

Order The Muppet Movie on Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

Order The Muppets Take Manhattan on Blu-ray and DVD.

Order The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island on Blu-ray and DVD.

If you saw ABC Family's Muppet Movie Marathon on Sunday January 5, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The edits on MTI are really starting to bother me. There have been callbacks to jokes that were cut, which makes no sense.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
While ABC Family cut parts of running gags, ABC (the 'real' ABC) removed full sequences from a 2001 airing. It's particularly interesting how they handled removing the alcohol scene - one of Kevin Bishop's lines in the next scene had to be dubbed over (as it refers to the alcohol); as Bishop's voice would have been far too deep by the time edits were made, a different actor was used (you can hear the dubbed line around 2:20).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, most of the edits were at the beginning; from what I could tell, I didn't notice anything cut from after Kermit's staff meeting.

And I'm assuming the edits on MTM are the same as the Hub version; they cut the curtain call after Manhattan Melodies the same.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
im wondering where the commercial breaks and if there are any cuts for TM2011

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There haven't been, at least, during the breaks I was actually watching.

I would wager there'd be one during the premiere of M11, since that's the point of the marathon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The cut of the line about Smollet's demons is understandable... But to cut the roll call short, that annoyed me. And I think they shortened Cabin Fever as well, odd since the other songs played completely.

Skipped out for a middle chunk of TMTM, but I'd wager they cut the scenes with Piggy and Eileen (Joan Rivers) like they do when airing on The Hub. They did go from Saying Goodbye straight to Kermit's monologue about "The Frog's Staying!" when The Hub brakes for commercial immediately after Saying Goodbye finishes.

Currently watching TMM, we're at the point where Piggy sings "Never Before, Never Again". This is the first time I've seen TMM on a TV airing since 1988 on one of our local PR channels in Spanish... And the opening establishing shots with Kermit singing Rainbow Connection had me in happy tears.

Looking forward to TM later tonight, I agree that MMW promo(s) will air during that double feature.