The Muppets Character Encyclopedia coming Feb. 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridget

Reaction score
OH MY GOODNESS!!! *SQUEAL* I-I could EXPLODE!!! *breathes in and out* Don't explode Bridge, don't explode, if you explode you can't get the book!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So with the Veterinarian's Hospital and Gonzo's Great Stunts pages, it looks like this book will have more than just character pages.

galagr

Reaction score

Is it possible to be in love with a book? Because...oh my....that's wonderful! I mean, whether the entries in the book are canonical or not, they still had me in stitches, Fleet Scribblers' page especially. I mean, the book looks good, is funny, and features characters you wouldn't expect. This is a must have for my collection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at these two-page spreads, it looks like Flash won't be included. What a shame. Also looks like Calico (the monocle-wearing pirate from Muppet Treasure Island) won't be in this.

I wonder if other Koozebanian's will be included. I would have thought they'd all be included under an all-purpose Koozebanians page, but the Fazoobs get their own page (and they're just listed as "Fazoobs", instead of "The Four Fazoobs"?).

With the early reports saying this would include 200 characters and pages, and the cover saying it has "over 150 characters" (which could still be 200), it makes me wonder if there'll be less than 200 pages for characters, but all characters featured in groups or duos total it up to 200. We have just another week to find out (well, I probably won't be finding this in stores for another two weeks after it's out).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Is it possible to be in love with a book?
Sure! I'm in love with The Bible myself- and more so than that, with The Author.:smile:

This book looks like it will be like a Muppets "bible" of sorts- which I could never decide if that term was sacreligious or not, but I think I've decided it's honestly a compliment and testament to the staying power of God and His Word.:super:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I like that the preview pages include characters from both The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight- that's a good sign. (Hopefully some other characters from various other productions will appear too.) And I'm glad they included their debut episode and all- and they have some pictures of their other appearances too. Statler and Waldorf jokes here and there are great too.:boo::sleep:
It would be nice if they could list all the appearances of the characters for each entry like the Muppet Wiki has, but oh well- it's still cool.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be nice if they could list all the appearances of the characters for each entry like the Muppet Wiki has, but oh well- it's still cool.:smile:

Wouldn't it be great if the book told readers to learn more at Muppet Wiki? Like in a credits or acknowledgements section, or a "recommended reading" section?

It had been confirmed awhile ago that this book wouldn't have any behind-the-scenes info (just stuff mentioned on-screen and made-up information). I wonder if anybody with the right skills will try to make a nonfiction version of this encyclopedia (would that be possible to do with a book?).

It would be great if this book had a guide to all the productions, considering the "first appearances" of characters who debuted on TV shows list episode numbers but not guest stars or titles and the Muppets Tonight episode numbers will be production order instead of broadcast order. I've heard that the same will be for any Jim Henson Hour character in this book, and we don't know the production order for the MuppeTelevison segments (besides episode 105 being the pilot), so it could be hard to determine (though we still don't know if JHH characters beyond Bean, Clifford, or Waldo will be included... and no, we technically don't know that they'll be in the book).

Status
Not open for further replies.