Video: The Muppets Super Bowl Toyota Highlander Commercial with Terry Crews

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yeah, something longer, but not necessarily full of explosions. Maybe have the car take off and go into outerspace and all sorts of visual effects and some cameos of big name celebrities.Some sort of WOW factor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's too busy, right there. The real excitement (even if it's fanservicy) is that The Electric Mayhem are the stars of this commercial. And to paraphrase ToughPig's article on it, we didn't get a full EM number in The Muppets, but we got one here. It seemed plenty chaotic enough, could have been like 10 seconds more... but you have to admit. The Pizza Hut commercials were never this much fun. They were pretty good, but this one is far more Muppety, and I really hope this isn't the last time we see The Muppets with Terry Crews.

And compared to the usual assortment of pointless supermodels (Go Daddy... what do they even do), manchild crotch injuries (usually Doritos), and overall incomprehensible and loud ads that blanket the Super Bowl, this one at least passes the Kermit in MTM commercial test. It shows what the product actually does. :smile:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
As awesome as this is, Mike Quinn's wife on FB says more will be shown on TV. So could someone please record that and put it on YouTube? I don't think Toyoda will now that they did this.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Ok so what is up with Gonzo???? he just looks off to me does anyone else see it?
He's been like that for for the last few years. The puppet is way too stiff. It always looks as though Dave (or whoever has the Gonzo puppet on for a certain scene) is having difficulty operating him. Not to mention the design isn't so hot.

Anyway, this commercial is a lot of fun. The EM in the center is always a treat. And there's always some little detail in each shot that you have to go back and look for. Plus seeing Muppets outdoors is always great.

Oh, and the song is pretty darn catchy. :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's amazing how The EM had more lines in this then in the muppets. We also get to see more of David Rudman's Janice and Rowlf is awesome! This was also the first origanal EM song since 1990's "Rocking All Around the World". Lat but not least Zoot one of the coolest muppets gets a line "sweet highlander", not much but it's a line nevernthless and it's better than Dave's other character Gonzo who's really stiff as Dwayne said and I wish they'd change his puppet, but it's cool to see him wear his MFS outfit. Overal I know this is simply a commercial like all the others, but this isn't like the other ones, this is the muppets and the EM making a sonng for the first time in 23 years. I'd rather watch this 60 times then LGATMHS once. A+ commercial and if all commercials had the muppets I wouldn't zone out when they were on.

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
This is the best ad that I've seen that really works for what they want to sell, even if the muppets really don't need it.