Video: The Muppets "No Room for Boring" Music Video

galagr

Reaction score
This video is basically a love letter to all Muppet fans. Extra screen time for Gonzo, Rowlf, Sweetums, Rizzo, and the Electric Mayhem. All that and an original Electric Mayhem song? This is basically everything we've been asking for the past ten years!

Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but, nonetheless, this is a great video!

Except

for

one

thing

Animal's drum solo. Now, keep in mind, I would've LOVED this part, had it not been for the way it was introduced. Zoot has a sax solo? Sweet! I hope this is pretty good an- wait, why'd Animal give the camera that look? Wait, why'd he say "Boring"? Wha- DUDE! What're you doing?! He's your band member! For cripes sake, at least show him a little respect.

I know that's Animal's character and all, but, come on, I would've loved hearing Zoot's whole solo. Especially since it's a long time coming.

On a lighter note, loved Sweetums at the end. Aww. The old lug just warms my heart.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I wasn't keen on Animal's drum solo. It's about 20 second too long.

Why couldn't they put Lips in there? He could have been there and.....*gasp* talked! That's a big concept for that character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This song sounds very similar to "You Tickle Me" from Sesame Street. I figured it probably had the same writer, as many songwriters tend to use the same tunes for multiple songs (I remember when I first realized "With Every Beat of My Heart" and "I'm Gonna Always Love You" sounded similar, I figured those songs were parodies of something, before learning that Jeff Moss wrote them both, and many of Moss's other songs sound similar to those two). But then I decided to look up who wrote "You Tickle Me", and saw that it was written by Jeff Moss. I doubt he wrote "No Room for Boring". I wonder if the similarity is a coincidence (as far as I know, neither song is a parody).

I wasn't keen on Animal's drum solo. It's about 20 second too long.

Why couldn't they put Lips in there? He could have been there and.....*gasp* talked! That's a big concept for that character.

That's the only thing that would have made the commercial (the main one and the extended) better.

cjd874

Reaction score
This proves to me that the Muppets don't always need Kermit and Miss Piggy (the faces of the franchise so to speak) to be recognizable. Their off-the-wall humor is what makes them so awesome and, uh, not boring. 'Cause there's no room for boring in the Muppet universe.

I'm really glad to see the Electric Mayhem having a front and center role in this commercial. The song is fantastic, too. But to me, Floyd and Janice's voices still need some work, but it's nothing major.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Man, I am loving the Toyota Highlander right now.....No, wait! Muppets! I meant Muppets!

It's awesome to see my gorgeous Rowlf finally getting up to speed again, but the Electric Mayhem are nailing it! I think Floyd is pretty spot on and I agree Janice needs a slight voice tweak, but hey, she still looks fantastic!

Sooner or later, the original main gang might be able to interact again! Just something else to look forward to!

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Nice video! Drum solo could have been shorter but you don't hear me complain about it. I'm just one happy Muppet fan. Since a few years new stuff is coming out. I'm just enjoying the moment they are trendy again. If a movie flops, everything can be gone. So I hope they push more clips out!