The Muppets Character Encyclopedia coming Feb. 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I believe that Bremen and the Muppetland specials are Henson-owned.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Actually, Disney does own the rights to Hey Cinderella, The Frog Prince, The muppet Musicians of Bremen, Tale of the Bunny Picnic, and Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree.

Is there any documentation on that? I know there were some pages floating around for a while...

galagr

Reaction score
Just to think. This book will introduce all the really old, obscure characters to a whole new generation of Muppet fans. Some kids will grow up with this book. Just imagine it...hundreds and hundreds of kids spouting information about characters like Lips, Angus Mcgonagle, and Mildred Huxtetter. An army of new, obsessed Muppet fans!

Okay, that's probably an exaggeration. But, nonetheless, I'm REALLY excited for tomorrow. Well, I'm excited for the rest of you. I won't get the book until Wednesday (ordered it on Amazon). If any of you get the book tomorrow, feel free to share with us how it is!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Im really interested to see if there are any new charcters for MMW in this book other then Constantine. Because the description says featuring charcters from the 2014 movie

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is there any documentation on that? I know there were some pages floating around for a while...

Yeah, those document pages list those productions among the Muppet Film and TV Library that Disney got the rights to (as well as Muppet Meeting Films, Little Muppet Monsters, and Muppet Time, but I don't expect any characters created for those to be included). Also, henson.com has a Muppets section, with pages on various Muppet productions The Jim Henson Company worked on, and The Muppet Musicians of Bremen is listed there. Don't know why those other specials aren't (they're not listed in the Muppets section or the family worlds section).

I was just reading on the Muppet Wiki forum that the book won't have many characters from The Jim Henson Hour. I expect Bean Bunny, Clifford, and maybe Waldo C. Graphic, and I'm really hoping Digit and Leon get to be in the book. But it's a shame we won't be seeing more of those characters. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath on finally learning the name of the Solid Foam drummer (I could already see that Flash isn't in the book). Hopefully that won't ruin my enjoyment of the book, but it sure is disappointing that MuppeTelevison isn't as important to them as The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, it's supposed to be out today. Does anybody have a copy yet?

I probably won't be able to find a copy for a few weeks (I know, I should have ordered), but it feels like Christmas morning, just waiting to know what all's in the book and how good/bad/surprising/disappointing it is.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I know barnes and nobles have them now... stores like wamart and target should have them

Status
Not open for further replies.