Your Thoughts: The Muppets Character Encyclopedia

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The most sensational, inspirational, muppetational character encyclopedia ever released! From Animal to Zoot, meet over 200 of the most memorable and best-loved Muppet characters from the 1970s to the present day. Featuring full-color images of each Muppet character with annotations and fan facts written by Jim Henson Legacy President Craig Shemin.

Order The Muppets Character Encyclopedia! Save money and help support Muppet Central.

If you've purchased The Muppets Character Encyclopedia please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Just had the book through today. I'm disappointed in the small size (I was hoping it would be the same size as some of the Star Wars and Lego ones) and quite underwhelmed by the design. That said, it's very comprehensive and I can't see too many obvious omissions (no bill, Gill and Jill) and quite a few surprising inclusions. I'm guessing some people on here will be able to name more missing characters but I'm pleasantly surprised.

It does (rather unsurprisingly!) act as an advert for Muppets Most Wanted but, after all said and done, I'm happy with the purchase and it's definitely a mark above what I expected Disney to deliver.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Just had the book through today. I'm disappointed in the small size (I was hoping it would be the same size as some of the Star Wars and Lego ones) and quite underwhelmed by the design. That said, it's very comprehensive and I can't see too many obvious omissions (no bill, Gill and Jill) and quite a few surprising inclusions. I'm guessing some people on here will be able to name more missing characters but I'm pleasantly surprised.

It does (rather unsurprisingly!) act as an advert for Muppets Most Wanted but, after all said and done, I'm happy with the purchase and it's definitely a mark above what I expected Disney to deliver.

How is it an advert for MMW?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does it reveal whether Constantine is the only new Muppet character in Muppets Most Wanted?

Does Miss Poogy get a page, is she lumped in a "Moopets" page, does each member of the Moopets get their own page, or are none of the Moopets included at all?

I learned yesterday that it doesn't have many characters from The Jim Henson Hour. Does it have any who are more-or-less exclusive to the show?

Hearing that there's no Bill, Gil or Jill, it makes me wonder if original characters from The Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets from Space are featured or not, since Sony owns those films (but surely there's some non-still images they could have used). Though I wonder if Bubba the Rat's in it, since he was in a few other productions (heck, Bill, Gil, and Jill appeared in a few other productions).

Does the Kermit page mention anything about his Sesame Street appearances?

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Pre-ordered this book, but my local bookstore said that there were problems and the delivery is delayed in the Netherlands. Somewhere next week I will get it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So what kind of non-character pages are there? I know there's Veterinarian's Hospital and Gonzo's Great Acts, and I figure if it has Vets Hospital it must have a Pigs in Space page.

So if Muppets Most Wanted is given a lot of focus for the characters who appear in that movie, does the movie confirm appearances by any characters who previously hadn't been confirmed?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Got mine in the mail today too. At only £6.39 delivered I think it's a real bargain!!

Droop is missing!!! :frown:

Few unseen MMW images, like Miss Piggy in the opening number and sat upon a piano in the green dress as used on the new plush doll!!

Moopets are all grouped under one page, no reveal of any other characters from MMW. Hilda main image is when she dressed in a wig and pointy glasses!!

Some unexpected characters and a great buy!!

Chris

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Wow i can not wait to get mine. Any new photos of Constantine?

galagr

Reaction score
I'm sad to hear that Droop is not in the book. He's one of my favorite characters.

Are characters such as Thog, Beautiful Day Monster, Behemoth, or Gorgon Heap included?