New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

cindysuke

Reaction score
Hello Muppet fans from everywhere! My nickname is Cindysuke but every online friend I know starts calling me Cindy even before I allow them to, so you can call me Cindy too!
I'm a Korean, and you should know that most Asian doesn't even know that those puppet characters exist. Some Sesame Street is a bit known in Korea and of course, Japanese people just love those kawaii children's show Muppets(A.K.A Elmo and his friends)... but not the Muppets, really. It's almost not an overstatement that nobody cares. To those who are not familiar with American pop culture, at least.
So my childhood was with 0% of Jim Henson stuff(What a shame!). I began to have interest in Sesame Street when I was about 16, I don't remember how but I just fell in love with those colorful pelt and fur. With help of Muppet Wiki and some books I imported oversea(boy, it's really hard to get anything Muppet or Sesame here in Korea) I learned more and more about them. I also learned that there's 'the Muppets', but I was a bit... afraid to spread out. (You got to admit that the Muppet Show seems much crazier than Sesame Street.) Well, now I've also been a Kermit-and-friends fan for about one year, and there are still a lot of things to catch up but I'm doing my best and I'm also trying to introduce Muppets to Koreans(I'm the one who is writing more than 96% of Muppet-related stuff on Rigveda Wiki, the third biggest and the most otaku-and-fanboy-oriented wiki of Korean web). Soon I will start to learn about Fraggle Rock and other Jim Henson's creations.
My English is not perfect, and I'm not familiar with pop culture in general so I can't understand everything of Muppets. But I'll try my best to love the lovable in my own way, and I hope I can make some friends here. But boy it is hard to get information only on internet(Really, there's NOTHING Muppet here in Korea.)
Oh, and I'm also a fan artist and I want to draw more Muppets! Find Cindysuke on deviantART. I'm interested in many other things too.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello Muppet fans from everywhere! My nickname is Cindysuke but every online friend I know starts calling me Cindy even before I allow them to, so you can call me Cindy too!
I'm a Korean, and you should know that most Asian doesn't even know that those puppet characters exist. Some Sesame Street is a bit known in Korea and of course, Japanese people just love those kawaii children's show Muppets(A.K.A Elmo and his friends)... but not the Muppets, really. It's almost not an overstatement that nobody cares. To those who are not familiar with American pop culture, at least.
So my childhood was with 0% of Jim Henson stuff(What a shame!). I began to have interest in Sesame Street when I was about 16, I don't remember how but I just fell in love with those colorful pelt and fur. With help of Muppet Wiki and some books I imported oversea(boy, it's really hard to get anything Muppet or Sesame here in Korea) I learned more and more about them. I also learned that there's 'the Muppets', but I was a bit... afraid to spread out. (You got to admit that the Muppet Show seems much crazier than Sesame Street.) Well, now I've also been a Kermit-and-friends fan for about one year, and there are still a lot of things to catch up but I'm doing my best and I'm also trying to introduce Muppets to Koreans(I'm the one who is writing more than 96% of Muppet-related stuff on Rigveda Wiki, the third biggest and the most otaku-and-fanboy-oriented wiki of Korean web). Soon I will start to learn about Fraggle Rock and other Jim Henson's creations.
My English is not perfect, and I'm not familiar with pop culture in general so I can't understand everything of Muppets. But I'll try my best to love the lovable in my own way, and I hope I can make some friends here. But boy it is hard to get information only on internet(Really, there's NOTHING Muppet here in Korea.)
Oh, and I'm also a fan artist and I want to draw more Muppets! Find Cindysuke on deviantART. I'm interested in many other things too.
Hey! I remember you from Deviantart!
Welcome to Muppet Central Forum. I hope you like it here as much as us. :smile:

DRUMSDRUMS

Reaction score
Welcome Cindy. I have some of the same experience. My brother a sister know nothing about the muppets nor care about them. The muppets have changed my life.

MsMuppet

Reaction score
Hi all!
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm MsMuppet - a Henson loving social studies teacher from South Florida! I grew up watching Dinosaur, Muppet Babies, Sesame Street, and old VHS' of the Muppet Show... I guess I've technically been a Henson fan since birth! :wink:

In addition to being a Muppet fan, hubby & I love all things Disney, Dark Crystal, and other fantasy related things.

We love the idea of creating our own puppets & are currently making our first "glorified sock puppet" thanks to the Puppet Project pattern. We are exited to see how it turns out!

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :wink:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi all!
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm MsMuppet - a Henson loving social studies teacher from South Florida! I grew up watching Dinosaur, Muppet Babies, Sesame Street, and old VHS' of the Muppet Show... I guess I've technically been a Henson fan since birth! :wink:

In addition to being a Muppet fan, hubby & I love all things Disney, Dark Crystal, and other fantasy related things.

We love the idea of creating our own puppets & are currently making our first "glorified sock puppet" thanks to the Puppet Project pattern. We are exited to see how it turns out!

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :wink:
Nice info about you. Welcome to Muppet Central Forum! :smile:
I hope you like it here as much as us. Also, don't forget to show your puppet(s) to us.
We love seeing members' puppets.