Rowlf and Constantine Plush

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
Wow! Looks like Rowlf is already sold out!

And I still wonder why the U.S. online store doesn't have Constantine yet. I sure as heck would buy him!

It's funny I noticed that myself about a week ago. All other Muppets were listed but not Constantine. I thought they might have been sold out or something at the time but I guess their just not selling him online. I wonder why?
On the bright side I just got back from my local Disney Store today and picked up Fozzie Bear and Constantine!
I saw loads of Fozzie bears, Rowlfs, Animals, and Gonzos. They only had two kermits , one piggy, one Swedish chef and about tree constanites. They were having a 2 for $32 sale. I also had my Disney Store 25% Off "Friends & Family coupon "‎. Just a reminder to anyone that still wants to get in on the deal the "frends and Family coupon is only good from the 13th to the 17th of this month so it ends tomorrow! They said you can print them out on facebook. All in all I bought four Disney Store Muppets which would have cost me $85 after sales tax but thanks to the sale and coupons I got them all for $50! :smile:

And they didn't want to have any other Muppet Merchandise since the first film. Tsk tsk tsk. I fail to see why the Muppet merchandise has such a warm reception at those stores from the consumers, but an icy one from the brand management. Meanwhile, they have Planes they'll never seem to get rid of.

I hope this time we see some real nice stuff when the DVD hits.

Agreed! I wish they would release other Muppets characters between films aswell. I would really like them to do Scooter , Sam egle , Bean Bunny, Statler and waldorf. I'd also like if they would make hard to find female characters like Annie Sue, and Spamala Hamerson!

galagr

Reaction score
It's funny I noticed that myself about a week ago. All other Muppets were listed but not Constantine. I thought they might have been sold out or something at the time but I guess their just not selling him online.
The thing is, I just hope it doesn't turn out like Beaker and Swedish Chef from the last movie. We never got them over here in the U.S. online store, and I don't want Constantine to end up the same way.

Speaking of the Swedish Chef, he's sold out, too! I really hope they acknowledge how much they're selling, and expand the lineup in the future. So we can maybe, oh, I don't know, get as much merchandise as other franchises? Crazy thought, I know. :stick_out_tongue:

That's another thing I really don't get. The Muppets themselves are practically plush toys, so why can't we get a bigger lineup of the plush? It's not like they'd be too hard to make. All I'm saying is, if they can make plush based off of the animals from "it's a small world", we should be able to get a Scooter or Sam the Eagle!

I also hope we don't get a repeat of what happened last time. When Rizzo and Pepe were online, they were there for about a week or two, then they were gone. For good. The demand must've been high, and they probably could've sold quite a few more had they restocked them. I don't want that to happen again. Think of all the sad little boys and girls who wouldn't get a Rowlf plush on their birthday! *sarcasm*

Who knows? This may be the last Rowlf plush we see in several years. It only took them 40 some years to get another one of good quality out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing is, I just hope it doesn't turn out like Beaker and Swedish Chef from the last movie. We never got them over here in the U.S. online store, and I don't want Constantine to end up the same way.

Speaking of the Swedish Chef, he's sold out, too! I really hope they acknowledge how much they're selling, and expand the lineup in the future. So we can maybe, oh, I don't know, get as much merchandise as other franchises? Crazy thought, I know. :stick_out_tongue:

That's another thing I really don't get. The Muppets themselves are practically plush toys, so why can't we get a bigger lineup of the plush? It's not like they'd be too hard to make. All I'm saying is, if they can make plush based off of the animals from "it's a small world", we should be able to get a Scooter or Sam the Eagle!

I also hope we don't get a repeat of what happened last time. When Rizzo and Pepe were online, they were there for about a week or two, then they were gone. For good. The demand must've been high, and they probably could've sold quite a few more had they restocked them. I don't want that to happen again. Think of all the sad little boys and girls who wouldn't get a Rowlf plush on their birthday! *sarcasm*

Who knows? This may be the last Rowlf plush we see in several years. It only took them 40 some years to get another one of good quality out.
My only gripe about Disney's handling of the Muppets, minus the reluctance of releasing DVD's that aren't movies (that encompasses everything owned by Disney) it's their odd lack of faith in Muppet Merchandise, when it always seems to disappear from store shelves and their online stores. I get that the first wave of stuff was ill timed, beach towels and some Back to School supplies that were just too late in the season to get notice, the plush toys and figure sets sell really well. Much better than the loads of Planes garbage. And that movie barely made back it's budget and got terrible reviews. And they're STILL calling it a win. Cars, I get... they sold out that one time when the first movie happened. But Planes? NO ONE likes Planes.

Anyway, you'd think with Pixar's in-studio politicking that's pushing The Good Dinosaur another year, there would be a nice merchandising gap that The Muppets could take the place of. They had every minor character of Monsters University in Bean bag form (which all went directly to the 5 dollar clearance bin), so why not bean bags of Muppets outside of the main 5? Not saying we should have Marin Suggs and George the Janitor... but Beaker, Bunsen, Rowlf, Scooter, any single one of the band that isn't Animal, Mahnah Mahnah... those guys would sell. And a cheaper, easier to collect price point would make them hard not to scoop up. If the large, pricier plush of Rowlf and the Chef can sell well, 8 dollar smaller Muppets would be even more brisk.

SweetPiggy

Reaction score

Speaking of the Swedish Chef, he's sold out, too! I really hope they acknowledge how much they're selling, and expand the lineup in the future. So we can maybe, oh, I don't know, get as much merchandise as other franchises? Crazy thought, I know. :stick_out_tongue:.

Funny I was there the first day the Muppets hit the Disney Store back in 2011 and I never saw Swedish Chef in store. I kept going back every week and never even knew he was part of the lineup. I'v only seen him at the Disney Store now in 2014 and thought he was new. That would explain whey I saw photos of him online mixed in with other 2011 characters.

Anyway, you'd think with Pixar's in-studio politicking that's pushing The Good Dinosaur another year, there would be a nice merchandising gap that The Muppets could take the place of. They had every minor character of Monsters University in Bean bag form (which all went directly to the 5 dollar clearance bin), so why not bean bags of Muppets outside of the main 5? Not saying we should have Marin Suggs and George the Janitor... but Beaker, Bunsen, Rowlf, Scooter, any single one of the band that isn't Animal, Mahnah Mahnah... those guys would sell. And a cheaper, easier to collect price point would make them hard not to scoop up. If the large, pricier plush of Rowlf and the Chef can sell well, 8 dollar smaller Muppets would be even more brisk.
I agree. A more cheaper, easier to collect price point would really help out collectors and the sad part is that they did start off at a cheaper price point when the first came out to the Disney Store back in 2011. They used to cast $16.50 and they had a 2 for $23 sale for the first month or so. Than out of nowhere the sale ended and on top of that new $19.99 stickers were placed on top of the old $16.50 tags. This shows that Disney noticed that they are selling well enough to ask for more money per characters yet they they don't release new characters or restock. They only restocked twice. Once when the Muppet film hit theaters and than again when the film came out to DVD and Blu-ray. The months in between they just had a few left over Muppets warming the shelves. They practically gave a way the left over Muppets from the 2011 film a few weeks ago at my Disney local Disney Store before the new 2014 Plush toys came in. They had a Buy One Muppet Plush and get the second Muppet for a $1 !!
While I'm not a big fan of smaller plush Muppets I would be willing to welcome them into my collection if it meant we could get more characters.

galagr

Reaction score
My only gripe about Disney's handling of the Muppets, minus the reluctance of releasing DVD's that aren't movies (that encompasses everything owned by Disney) it's their odd lack of faith in Muppet Merchandise, when it always seems to disappear from store shelves and their online stores. I get that the first wave of stuff was ill timed, beach towels and some Back to School supplies that were just too late in the season to get notice, the plush toys and figure sets sell really well. Much better than the loads of Planes garbage. And that movie barely made back it's budget and got terrible reviews. And they're STILL calling it a win. Cars, I get... they sold out that one time when the first movie happened. But Planes? NO ONE likes Planes.
I've basically come to accept the fact that the Muppets are never going to be as important to Disney as any Pixar, Marvel, or any animated feature they have. They will NEVER be as top priority. But, that's within good reasoning. The Muppets are a relatively new property to them (although that gives NO EXCUSE to Marvel, apparently), and they're still a little in the experimental phase to see if the franchise is successful. Even though, quite frankly, it obviously is!

Here, allow me to quote what literally everyone on this forum said about the last movie:

"If this movie is successful, we'll see a whole bunch of merchandise for the next movie!"

Did we see a tidal wave of merch for TM? Definitely not. Are we seeing a tidal wave of merchandise for MMW? Well, it's certainly more than last time (so far, they could have more merch up their sleeves), but, it could be much better.

However, if MMW does well in the box office (which I'm almost certain it will), the marketing people over at Disney need to get of their butts and give the franchise the merchandise it deserves.

I also like what you said about the Monster's University plush. Yeah, I sure am glad that background character #3 got some recognition. Phew, I was afraid he would be let out. At least most of the Muppets actually have their names mentioned in the movie.

Seriously, were even half of those members of the fraternities named in the movie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've basically come to accept the fact that the Muppets are never going to be as important to Disney as any Pixar, Marvel, or any animated feature they have. They will NEVER be as top priority. But, that's within good reasoning. The Muppets are a relatively new property to them (although that gives NO EXCUSE to Marvel, apparently), and they're still a little in the experimental phase to see if the franchise is successful. Even though, quite frankly, it obviously is!
I've come to expect Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars will be marketed far above the Muppets. But Planes?!? That was a cynical marketing ploy to squeeze even more milk out of the Cars cash cow, effectively being like Hanna Barbera in the 70's. Making a inferior ripoff of their own product that no one likes half as much as the real thing. I mean, how many people can proudly raise their hand and say "Gee, I sure love Jabberjaw. it's better than Scooby-Doo ever was!"

And Planes barely made back it's budget (even Turbo hit it's stride overseas), the stuff's barely selling. And Disney calls that a win, and we have Planes smashed in our faces. Beaker, Pepe, Rizzo, Rowlf and Chef dolls sell out and they're like... eh... yeah.. uh... let's do something about that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure MMW will do well. The first screening of M11 I tried to go to was completely sold out...at 2 in the afternoon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what should be more important. The film's success by itself. And hopefully, it will get the due it deserves, since last time it had that one good week, and fell out at a weak movie going period. One completely over-saturated with films.

Other than the completely lost opportunity for smaller, more collector friendly plush where they could have an expanded line of many characters, I'm alright with the small merchandise selection. Would have been cool to expand the PVC line instead of using the same Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo from the first set, though.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I hope to see any Scooter:wink: or Lew Zealand:fishy: things besides shirts.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I can't believe they haven't made plush of Sam yet.He is one of the biggest parts in the movie besides Kermit,Piggy,and Constantine!