Is this the worst MMW poster yet?

Slackbot

Reaction score
That can't be for real. Tell me it's not for real.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I... I don't think that's a serious poster. And it says "Cinemas" so it's not even ours. If anything, it looks like a promotional image focusing on the British star of the film.

Nothing to over react to. At least, unlike the Transformers 4 "posters" I've seen, there's actually a non-human character that the franchise is named after on the darn thing. I know the TF movies are human focused, but THAT'S ridiculous.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I would say no. I guess it can be faulted for just being lame or overly simplistic, but not any more than the posters we got for the last movie...

Realistically, it doesn't look like it was intended to be a major poster or a valuable piece of art; just some alternate (star-centered) poster/promo image and nothing more. Yeah, I know artistically that's no excuse for it looking as sad as it does, but I'd be more irked if it was the only official U.K. poster created.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the example I was looking for. Theater cards. I don't see it being anything more than that.

And seriously... just so you'll believe me....

Yeah. Who could forget that famous Transformer that every boy in the 80's was crazy about Not a Transformer in any Way-atron.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Okay-I just have to say that Piggy looks amazingly gorgeous.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is the problem with movie posters in general today, they pretty much look like lazy Photoshop jobs... I could go on and on about those lousy posters for those live action/CGI Chipmunk movies, where it's clearly obvious to anybody with half a brain stem that they just keep using the same stock base models for the characters, and just put them in different outfits for the posters. And that's pretty much how a lot of movie posters are today.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I congratulate you, Sir! You have found an example that's so incredibly apropos for being so awful that it proves a point I was trying to make better than I could make it.

Indeed, those were just insanely lazy. And the worst part is, they're CGI models that can be posed in any way, and they just apt for swapping out different outfits and doing the same, lame gangsta pose from the first poster to the last.