Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Part of me blames the economic recession for causing the number of DVD releases per year to go down (nostalgic DVD lines in particular, such as the Walt Disney Treasures series, were hit particularly hard).

Let's hope that with the economy know on the road to recovery, things will start getting back to normal and we'll start getting DVD releases of old school in addition to "current" stuff sooner than later.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Part of me blames the economic recession for causing the number of DVD releases per year to go down (nostalgic DVD lines in particular, such as the Walt Disney Treasures series, were hit particularly hard).

Let's hope that with the economy know on the road to recovery, things will start getting back to normal and we'll start getting DVD releases of old school in addition to "current" stuff sooner than later.
It's mostly an issue of tablet culture. Most people stream media. Companies often forget that fans want real and permanent copies of television seasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The truth is, the Muppets are still a harder-sell with retailers than any of us would like. That's not exclusively a Muppet problem. The whole home video market is declining and any property without a current project is a hard-sell. There are many ways to make this release a success. My guess is that the new Muppet Movie Blu-ray will help gage consumer interest in classic material.

The average episode of TMS contains a half-dozen songs. This was well-before producers conceived of securing the home video rights and those can be prohibitively expensive after-the-fact. The Disney name alone is enough to justify a Target/Walmart endcap. The likely culprit for the hold-up is music rights.

Even if all the music rights are secured, they will greatly cut into the profit margin.That means conditions must be optimized for success. And that's the only part of the JHM speculation I agree with. The best time for seasons 4&5 would be to tie them to another Muppets release.
Disney failed to release Seasons 4 and 5 when the iron was still hot. A 5 year pause after season 3? They so could have released season 4 and 5 by now. But they wanted to hold over for some vauge year of the Muppets thing 2 years after it should have been released. Then they had an ample opportunity to release it before the movie to tie into the film's release, but didn't want to confuse people because clearly a DVD box set of a TV show is a movie. Then they didn't want it to mangle the release of the DVD of the movie... they're out of promotional excuses.

If it is indeed a music rights tie up, it's, again, their fault for waiting so long they have to renegotiate with some grave robbing sourpuss that somehow owns the rights to something.

As for the DVD market... gee? You mean those big 60 dollar sets of current TV shows you can freaking watch on hulu or cable or syndication or any other medium besides a 60 dollar DVD set is ulp hurting DVD sales? The Muppet Show seasons are a perennial good seller. While copies of MWO were falling off the shelf from overstock, TMS season one was disappearing from shelves. There's no excuse there. But let's face it. Disney sucks at season sets. The best they can do with the high rated Phineas and Ferb are 12 episodes on 2 disks... and that means 12 cartoons on 2 disks, which means 6 episodes on 2 disks. Even the Avengers cartoon got volumes of single disks in this country, Ultimate Spider-Man gets 12 out of order episodes. THOSE are their high rated shows, and they're complete morons about releasing them on DVD. No wonder they fired a crapload of people from their Home Video department.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
STILL no Seasons 4 and 5? Wow, we might get MB before the TMS Final Seasons! Just kidding, I really doubt that.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ok, now I'm seriously just freaking out. I was a tiny Robin-sized 2nd grader, a small tiny little boy when season 3 was released, I am now a Scooter-sized teen!! Where are the boxsets. At this point we've got to call the Disney hotline like 50 billion times a day, and will someone please upload themselves or puppets or whatever singing this song on Youtube, I won't mind whatsoever, just please upload the song on Youtube maybe with a Kermit plush singing it or yourrself, but also please put somewhere "Courtesy of Muppet Master", this is the song.
Disney, you've gotta put down the box sets
Put Down the box sets
Put down the box sets if you want to see those sales come through
You don't put in a rocket
You don't stuff it in your pocket
You don't give it to Sprocket
Disney, put the box sets down
I learned it in the many years working with Fox
Its hard to meet demands with produts in your hand
To be a fine company you're gonna have to face the facts
Put down the box sets etc.
Feel free to add lyrics if you want, and though it's probably not going to be possible, it'd be awesome if you could get the likes of Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Frank Oz, muppet writers, alive s4 and 4 guest stars, and more in the video. At this point I'd accept it if Disney released S4 and S5 on plain dvds with no start menus or special features. Though a few weeks ago I saw offical release dates for both box sets, and S4 was in May 2015, and S5 was in September 2015, probably a prank though, because it's not there anymore.​

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Where did you see that?
Whoa, sorry for getting your hopes up, it was only Wikipedia, but I forgot to say where it was from. Oh well, I don't se why people would prank about it, it could have been an insider frpm Disney. It's funny how I said I was a Robin-sized person when S3 came out, and now I'm Scooter-sized. I hope I'm not Statler-sized before S4 and S5 cime out, but at a local thrift store I found this 10-disc set of the whole series, with each season on 2 discs. I'll be willing to trade all ten discs with all the episodes for the offical releases of TMS S1, S2, and S3, because I'd rather have juist 3 seasons that are offical then a giant box set of episodes DVRed from the 90's. If you don't want to that's okay, just making a suggestion.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah,where did ya see that?
Whoa, sorry for getting your hopes up, it was only Wikipedia, but I forgot to say where it was from. Oh well, I don't se why people would prank about it, it could have been an insider frpm Disney. It's funny how I said I was a Robin-sized person when S3 came out, and now I'm Scooter-sized. I hope I'm not Statler-sized before S4 and S5 cime out, but at a local thrift store I found this 10-disc set of the whole series, with each season on 2 discs. I'll be willing to trade all ten discs with all the episodes for the offical releases of TMS S1, S2, and S3, because I'd rather have juist 3 seasons that are offical then a giant box set of episodes DVRed from the 90's. If you don't want to that's okay, just making a suggestion.

Muppet Master

Reaction score