Another Muppetlab Replica :-)

ashkent

Reaction score
I'd agree. I think the piece i used was about 1.5m x 1 m and it was just enough and didn't allow for fabric overhang around his base.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
There's a lot of work to this guy and the fur for mine I had to farm out the dye job for lots of $$$$$. Also, Fozzie's real fur is 2.5" long. Different thickness sizes of foam where used too

Good luck

Terry, your Muppet replicas never cease to amaze me! :smile:
I've been getting tired of reading complaints about the new official builds for Fozzie and Gonzo (really just of how prevalent it is right now), and while I admittedly like how the current Fozzie looks, this can really make one think of how well it can be done.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
I'd agree. I think the piece i used was about 1.5m x 1 m and it was just enough and didn't allow for fabric overhang around his base.
Thanks guys. Your input is very appreciated. I am ordering a sample to see if the color and pile is what I want and then i can order enough to start making a Fozzie with some confidence I am on the right track. I found a mongolian Faux fur in Butterscotch. The color online looks dead on but you never know until you see it in person. I have the luxury of being close enough to LA to go to the Garment/Fabric District downtown and get my fur from the same people as the studios. Its fun but also a little overwhelming. A lot to look through. Like a treasure hunt.....Plus no shipping. Just gas to drive down there. I will post the sample when I get it and get feedback. Thanks again. DT

Slackbot

Reaction score
Dangit, why they no sell that butterscotch fur online? Me need.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
If some one wants me to pick some up I could figure out a way to get over there. You all have helped me so much and if there is a way to give back I will. Like I said when I get the swatch I will post a pic and give you my honest review. I am also going down to the garment district hopefully next week to look for Gonzo fabric.

Slackbot

Reaction score
How much is the fabric per yard? Perhaps I could bribe you to buy me some and mail it to me.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
i believe its like 25 dollars a yard. its not cheap but that is why I am getting them to send me a sample. If its not the right I will drive down and hunt through the hundreds of stores in Downtown LA farbic district. I would hate to always wish I had the right color fur. I got My Elmo fur down there at a random dealer and it was perfect. I will keep you all posted. DT

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
But in answer to your question. I could pick up more and send it to you. I dont know how much they have but lets see what the color looks like. Ill keep everyone in the loop. DT

los

Reaction score
I would love to get into building replicas. What is the average cost to build one?

ashkent

Reaction score
On my Fozzie replica I used a thick shag fur in fawn but I boiled it in strong Sunshine Orange Rit dye (I think the concentrate was double the usual amount to get it to take) and it did just enough to turn the fawn into an orange brown. Obviously the boiling made the fur course like old Fozzie as opposed to new fluffy Fozzie.