Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gonna take a whole Harry Potter load of magic, if you ask me.

Seriously. Make it happen this time!

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but lets destroy this mopey Boober attitude! I don't care if it's a box office bomb,I just want it to happen! Argh! ''goes into triple S's private fraggle cave to think things over''

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I do know a few secret development type things that make me more hopeful about the fate of the Fraggles though, so like Skeet says above, lets get rid of the mopeyness! 2014 will be big!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering the Doozer cartoon actually happened, I'm far more optimistic that this could very well happen, I guess.

I mean, sure, Doozers is going to be on Hulu (probably plus) instead of a network like it should (Really PBS? You chose to keep running "Cailou's Temper Tantrum Theater" instead?), but it happened. If it gets the right audience, then we can very well get some movie traction from it. Though I;m baffled why The Hub didn't pick it up, with Hasbro working on a toy line.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I do know a few secret development type things that make me more hopeful about the fate of the Fraggles though, so like Skeet says above, lets get rid of the mopeyness! 2014 will be big!
Nah. This year will never be big......... IT WILL BE GINORMOUS!!!!! That is,if we actually get to see the movie this year... ''thinks about the chances,then goes back to private fraggle cave to think some more''

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'll believe that when I see it.

So, show me something! Make this Fraggle fan happy!

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Some things may occur in the latter half of the year. And I'm not getting more specific then that! But I'm lovin' the fraggles and it would blow my mind and make me so happy if a movie comes out!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I know they're owned by different companies now, but I can't help but hope that the buzz from Muppets Most Wanted (and the astounding roll-out of Muppet appearances in the run-up the film's release) will help the Fraggles.

Even taking Disney's deep pockets into account, I get the sense that there's an overall wave of "Muppet love" happening that could boost a Fraggle film, especially if someone of Reitman's calibre is even rumoured to be attached to it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're not going to be more specific "then" that, then when will you be more specific? :laugh:

Methinks you meant to say "more specific "than" that" instead.

BTW: Where's RedPiggy to speculate on the possibility that Cotterpin got promoted to Chief Doozer of Doozer Creek, and has two children Doozers named "Spike" and Daisywheel?
:wink: at fannish theories.