New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
haha thats funny! and there is a thread in muppet appearances for this appearance

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I didn't see one? But yeah I'm done muffining the thread...I'm gonna have some angry people on here when they wake up and see it's been off topic. I can't explain all that's going on anyways hopefully clips will be up later!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
On a more negative note, looks like the critics are showing no mercy so far:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/muppets_most_wanted/
Not worried, gang. At the time these posts began to arrive, Rotten Tomatoes had the MMW reviews at 40% positive, but some much better reviews have joined the fray and it's now up to 67%. I expect this figure to rise the closer we get to the release.

(And I might add that two of the movies opening this weekend have RT ratings below 25%...so it could be a LOT worse!!!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not worried, gang. At the time these posts began to arrive, Rotten Tomatoes had the MMW reviews at 40% positive, but some much better reviews have joined the fray and it's now up to 67%. I expect this figure to rise the closer we get to the release.

That's much better. We had one by someone completely joyless, and 2 by "Where's Jason Segal?" 67% isn't great, but at least it's more on the positive side now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw the official credits listing on Muppet Wiki. So there's actually "LA Performers", "UK Performers", and "Additional UK Performers". First time one of the movies did performer listings like this.

Louise Gold was listed merely under UK Performers, as opposed to it saying that she performs Annie Sue. Hopefully Annie Sue still gets line at least.

The credits list a few characters I haven't seen in any of the footage that's appeared online. Characters like Pops and Bobo. I'm not surprised they'll be appearing, though.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
The credits list a few characters I haven't seen in any of the footage that's appeared online. Characters like Pops and Bobo. I'm not surprised they'll be appearing, though.
Considering the first character you mentioned appeared in the "Food Fight" Muppisode, I'm not really surprised either. Also, Bobin and Stoller seem to love these characters who haven't been seen in a long while just as much as we do (I remember Bobin speaking of his love for Thog and Link Hogthrob in the commentary for 'The Muppets') and it looks like one of their goals is to bring them back. I really love and admire that and it makes me feel confident that all the characters are in the right hands. I know they most likely didn't have any involvement with the Muppisode, but I'm assuming they brought that particular character back first in MMW and then did the "Food Fight" Muppisode after filming the movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering the first character you mentioned appeared in the "Food Fight" Muppisode, I'm not really surprised either.

I'm more surprised that he didn't show up in The Muppets, since the character was in a number of productions around the time. Maybe they did have the puppet on set but none of the background puppeteers bothered to use him for any scenes.

Now I'm wondering how many of those credited characters get big amounts of dialogue and how many just get one line or so. The Muppets credited a number of characters who only had one line (like Marvin Suggs) but also credited Rizzo, who didn't have any lines. Of course there were also characters who got dialogue who weren't listed by name in the credits (Wayne and Wanda, Link Hoghtrob).

The credits list Robin, hopefully that means he'll at least get a line. And there's no credit for Dr. Strangepork, I hope he still gets some dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.