Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Loved it! I was a little skeptical at the beginning, but once the movie got going, I was really swept away. I thought the songs were excellent, especially "The Big House" and "I'll Give You What You Want". The breaking of the fourth wall when Walter and Fozzie "left" was great, especially the joke about Robin and Rizzo. Seeing Sam get a supporting role and half a song was also one of my favorite parts.

My only quibble with the movie was some of the scenes with Constantine seemed like they relied too much on green-screening (like the action scene at the beginning). But that's fairly minor in the whole scheme of things.

In the end, I'd give it an A-minus.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Anyhow, I enjoyed the movie too and agree that it's definetely better than the 2011 movie.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@Odannyboy:
The whole bit in We're DoingA Sequel about the movie's title being The Muppets Again is an in-joke to the movie's previous title before it was changed to MMW.

Another thing that made me fan-smile is they used the voiceover bit by Jerry Nelson from TM (The Muppets) for the opening of the Berlin show.

galagr

Reaction score
*WARNING: TO THE POOR, UNFORTUNATE SOULS WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN MMW, THE FOLLOWING POST IS FULL OF SPOILERS.*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*

Wow. Wowee wow wow. That was a darn good Muppet movie. Well, from what I remember, at least! I was so excited to see it, that most of it went right over my head! However, what stuck with me, really stuck with me. I'll start with the positives. Apologies in advance for the long post.

-They've really upped the ante on the obscure characters. Scooter, Rowlf, and the Electric Mayhem almost seem like main characters now, each have at least two moments where the spotlight is on, and only them. I absolutely loved Crazy Harry during the "At the Dance" part of the show. It was also good to see the Newsman have quite a few lines. I just about jumped when the Flying Zucchini Brothers and Pops got to speak. And, yes, I loved Robin's cameo, despite the fact that it was only one word (grumble grumble grumble...). However, my favorite obscure Muppet moment is currently at a tie between Uncle Deadly with Bobo and Bobby Benson. That's the problem. Uncle Deadly and Bobo just work so well together, and I definitely want to see them interact with each other in the future. But, on the other end of the spectrum, there's Bobby Benson and his baby band. Who would've expected them to appear, and have such a big role? Not to mention, helping out the villain fits Bobby's character perfectly. I imagine he'd help out anyone provided he's payed properly.

- This movie is funny. No matter what your sense of humor is, you'll get quite a few laughs out of this film. One of my favorite jokes was Constantine's trouble with pronouncing the word "burglary" correctly. I also loved the "God I Hope I Get it" song from the Gulag, with 80's/90's outfits to boot.

-Constantine is actually a really good villain. Smart, surprisingly intimidating, and just a bit of a Crazy Harry like tendency for blowing things up. I'd like to seem a bit more of him in the future. I'm just not too sure on how he would fit into future plots. 'Cause, you know, he's,uh, in prison.

-Dave Goelz and his characters really get the attention they deserve in this movie. Gonzo definitely gets a upgrade on screen time, he's in this film twice more than he was in the 2011 film. Bunsen gets quite a few lines in MMW as well. Heck, I think he appears more than Beaker does! Beauregard gets a few delightful lines as well as the train conductor. And Zoot stays silent as always. Hey, at least it's true to his character.

-Piggy and Kermit were kick-*** during the helicopter scene.

-"Goodnight Carl." "Goodniiiiiight Nadayaaaaaaaa!"

The bad things about this film are few and nitpicky. However, I'll say them anyway.

-Like the last film, there must've been a lot cut during editing. The two Disney Channel girl cameos (couldn't bother to learn their names) weren't shown, thankfully. But, Chef and the shark, Rizzo's "Yeah, that's what we're saying" line, Danny Trejo's comedy routine (The editing team must hate him), and many lines from the songs are cut. But, fortunately, none of these moments are too important to the plot. I mean, it's not like they'd cut parts of the movie that are significant to the plot, right? That'd be ridiculous!(*CoughcoughTexRichan'srapandbasciallytheentireendingofthe2011film*)

-They went through all the trouble of getting Louise Gold back, bringing back Annie Sue as well, and she didn't get a single line. Although, I think she might've said something while running off the stage during the waltz. But still.

So yeah. I really liked the film itself, and I find it a lot better than TM(11). Everyone else in the theater must agree with me, too. Standing ovations all around the theater.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
-Like the last film, there must've been a lot cut during editing. The two Disney Channel girl cameos (couldn't bother to learn their names) weren't shown, thankfully. But, Chef and the shark, Rizzo's "Yeah, that's what we're saying" line, Danny Trejo's comedy routine (The editing team must hate him), and many lines from the songs are cut. But, fortunately, none of these moments are too important to the plot. I mean, it's not like they'd cut parts of the movie that are significant to the plot, right? That'd be ridiculous!(*CoughcoughTexRichan'srapandbasciallytheentireendingofthe2011film*)

-They went through all the trouble of getting Louise Gold back, bringing back Annie Sue as well, and she didn't get a single line. Although, I think she might've said something while running off the stage during the waltz. But still.

So yeah. I really liked the film itself, and I find it a lot better than TM(11). Everyone else in the theater must agree with me, too. Standing ovations all around the theater.

There's SO much cut footage from the movie! I'm told that there's enough cut footage to fill another 120-minute movie, so lots of great gags had to be chopped down and cut out.

I have a feeling that Annie Sue had a prominent role in one scene, but they had to chop that out too, becuase it was in a scene that connected to another part of a story that would've added another ten minutes to the movie. When you get Louise Gold back, you don't waste it. They for sure gave Annie Sue a spotlight. Hopefully, we'll see it on the Blu-Ray.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
There's SO much cut footage from the movie! I'm told that there's enough cut footage to fill another 120-minute movie, so lots of great gags had to be chopped down and cut out.

I have a feeling that Annie Sue had a prominent role in one scene, but they had to chop that out too, becuase it was in a scene that connected to another part of a story that would've added another ten minutes to the movie. When you get Louise Gold back, you don't waste it. They for sure gave Annie Sue a spotlight. Hopefully, we'll see it on the Blu-Ray.

wow oh wow we might have a freaking hour of deleted scenes!