Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Yes they are there towards the very end.
Um, I didn't see it when I saw the movie from beginning to end and saw the credits. Someday, I will see the movie again at a dollar movie theater and maybe I will spot these things on at the credits. Pinky promise!

goldenstate5

Reaction score
I had a lot to rethink about, and while I need a rewatch, I think it wasn't nearly as disappointing as I made it out to be.

That being said, one scene comes to mind that put a real rotten taste in my mouth. It's the scene where Walter is spying on Dominic, who pays off the journalist and then tells him to give the tickets out to free, to which he follows up, "You may have to pay some people." Now, I get that the Muppets are self-depreciating sometimes, but this was a downright strangely mean move by the writers. Not only that, but it makes absolutely no sense considering this is a follow-up to the last film in which it ends with the Muppet theater becoming packed, them raising the money and coming outside to cheering fans. Now they can't even sell one ticket, let alone having to bribe people to come see them perform, despite even fake five-star reviews?! What the frak?! I can't even blame it on the plot of the show being terrible due to the lack of Kermit's direction, this was rigged from the very start. I expected them to somehow show that Kermit comes back, makes the show better again and the world tour is honestly successful but they never did. The entire Dominic/Constantine plot, while I really loved Constantine as a villain himself, just kinda felt weak and didn't make sense... and I think I've honestly honed on that as being my main problem with the movie.

I'm looking forward to a rewatch when in a better mood and I'll probably like the jokes better the second time around.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Another thing that made me fan-smile is they used the voiceover bit by Jerry Nelson from TM (The Muppets) for the opening of the Berlin show.
I couldn't agree more! That is definetely the last I hear of Jerry Nelson. When I heard that bit, I was shocked, and then pleased that it is no other voice than just his.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
One thing that kind of sucked was a plot point that might have made the movie a little better, but was probably cut for time. In the book it says Kermit asks Nayda who Constantine is. She explains that he was adopted by a bomb factory owner and that he escaped and blew up the whole factory, she also says that he blows up his crime scenes. It would have made sense for the GULAG explosion at the beginning or when he called Dominic on the phone in the middle of nowhere because it could be eveidence. Also later at the wedding when Constantine says, "oh and one more thing, Good night folks. YAY!" And then sets off the bomb, im pretty sure the line that Kermit yells is "Its a bomb, Constantine always blows up his crime scenes.

If it did get cut, then we might have another case of the Tex Richman song...... I guess its not really crucial because you get the story line but it just would make more sense.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
One thing that kind of sucked was a plot point that might have made the movie a little better, but was probably cut for time. In the book it says Kermit asks Nayda who Constantine is. She explains that he was adopted by a bomb factory owner and that he escaped and blew up the whole factory, she also says that he blows up his crime scenes. It would have made sense for the GULAG explosion at the beginning or when he called Dominic on the phone in the middle of nowhere because it could be eveidence. Also later at the wedding when Constantine says, "oh and one more thing, Good night folks. YAY!" And then sets off the bomb, im pretty sure the line that Kermit yells is "Its a bomb, Constantine always blows up his crime scenes.

If it did get cut, then we might have another case of the Tex Richman song...... I guess its not really crucial because you get the story line but it just would make more sense.

I personally think that having to much back story on a villain, can kind of take away from the mystery of the story. I think if we knew why Constantine was the way he was, and his past then our views of him as the bad guy would have changed. I think the less we knew about him and Dominic the better.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So Nadya catches Kermit escaping because she knows what escape plans prisoners use. She knows the first, second, and third attempts they make. I wonder if she would have caught Kermit if he went back to his first or second attempt ("going back to the second attempt is always the fourth thing they try).

And is it just me or does it seem like, after the escape plans, Nadya knows that it's really Kermit? Maybe she was just calling him Kermit at that point to play along with Kermit insisting he was him, but if she knew he wasn't constantine, shouldn't she have let him free?

And Dominic tells Constantine that if he goes through with the wedding, he'll have to split the goods with Miss Piggy, only for him to intend on killing her after the robbery. But did he really need to go through with marrying her? They just needed to have the wedding. He could have ran off and left her behind, since getting the diamond was the important plot. And it seems he does realize that after Kermit shows up.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
So Nadya catches Kermit escaping because she knows what escape plans prisoners use. She knows the first, second, and third attempts they make. I wonder if she would have caught Kermit if he went back to his first or second attempt ("going back to the second attempt is always the fourth thing they try).

And is it just me or does it seem like, after the escape plans, Nadya knows that it's really Kermit? Maybe she was just calling him Kermit at that point to play along with Kermit insisting he was him, but if she knew he wasn't constantine, shouldn't she have let him free?
Nadya realized early on it was Kermit the frog. However, since she is obsessed with Kermit and even has a small shrine devoted to him, she wasn't going to let him go no matter what.

As for Kermit finally escaping during the show he put on in the gulag, Nadya let her guard down for that number unlike the great escapo person who she tasered. Of course that person was trying to escape right next to her....Not a good idea.

Also another nitpick is how Fozzie, Animal, and Walter easily get into the prison but they and Kermit have to figure out a way to get out???? Why not just go out the same way you got in since you got in unnoticed?

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I made everyone laugh in the theater when Nadia opened her little Kermit Shrine. I said "Oooohhh girl. You better not let Miss Piggy see that!'

Oscarfan

Reaction score

He works fine without all that backstory.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I made everyone laugh in the theater when Nadia opened her little Kermit Shrine. I said "Oooohhh girl. You better not let Miss Piggy see that!'
Um, when I saw his sequel yesterday, there was not a lot of people. I wiash there was more. Despite the small attendence of the first showing me and the others did laugh at the right parts thank goodness.
The really good news: no misbehaved children to interpret the movie when I was right after 5:00p.m.