• 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
- No Sesame cameos. This would have made it 100% like the originals

According to The Muppet Mindset's interview with Nick Stoller, he wanted to include a cameo by the Martians, but couldn't figure out a way to include them (I would have put them in Constantine's song, or on the train for one scene). It's never brought up in the interview whether Disney and/or Sesame Workshop would have allowed it.

If I could include one Sesame Street cameo in this, it'd be Grover. Either running the train (he'd probably do just as good a job as Beauregard) or at the wedding (I doubt he'd be the minister, because of Miss Piggy). There's a number of reasons why Grover would have been a good choice for the wedding: his various jobs (he could have been a caterer or the usher), the fact that of all the Sesame Street characters he's been the closest to Kermit, and Grover's traveling experience as "Global Grover".

beaker

Reaction score
Hugga Wugga! That's the yellow creature in the disco scene, thanks! And how COULD I FORGET THE BEST PART??? The Spanish recreation of the Muppet theme show opening. BRILLIANT!(thanks slackbot for reminding me)

Loved how bizarre and odd it was when Constantine fainted.

galagr

Reaction score
So yeah, not many actual complaints. NO IDEA what some critics are smoking by saying this fall short of the 2011 one. to me it blows that one away
Agreed. In fact, let's take a look at some negative reviews and laugh at how hilariously BS they are!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-misses-mark-values-human-stars-over-muppet/

Too much humans in this movie you say? They take away from the Muppets themselves? Excuse me, Mr. Reviewer, did you even see the previous movie?

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_97098127-a4eb-5191-a564-a2fee17e23d1.html

I can't take this guy seriously. He called the 2011 movie "The Muppet Movie" in the first paragraph. Good lord, at least know your source material before you unfairly give it a negative review.

I'm not saying this movie is perfect. It's definitely not. But it doesn't deserve to be reviewed by such...ignorant people. Seeing countless reviews, comments, and posts that express negative thoughts really gets me wondering if people have just completely changed their taste in movies within the past three years.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Just saw it today. At the end, I was incredibly speechless. That was literally one of the most enjoyable recent movies, I've seen. From the beginning to the end! It was just above and beyond!

To anyone who hasn't seen it yet, you BETTER see it as soon as you can, and I dare you not to laugh!

One thing that kind of unsettled me was Rizzo and Robin's lines. As stupid of a question as it may sound, does this mean that they're getting phased out altogether?

But either way, this was a stupendous movie, and I can't wait to "see-he-he-he" it again!! This film was so awesome that I already cannot resist taking a second trip within the next couple weeks or so!!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
According to The Muppet Mindset's interview with Nick Stoller, he wanted to include a cameo by the Martians, but couldn't figure out a way to include them (I would have put them in Constantine's song, or on the train for one scene). It's never brought up in the interview whether Disney and/or Sesame Workshop would have allowed it.

If I could include one Sesame Street cameo in this, it'd be Grover. Either running the train (he'd probably do just as good a job as Beauregard) or at the wedding (I doubt he'd be the minister, because of Miss Piggy). There's a number of reasons why Grover would have been a good choice for the wedding: his various jobs (he could have been a caterer or the usher), the fact that of all the Sesame Street characters he's been the closest to Kermit, and Grover's traveling experience as "Global Grover".

I still think Disney's trying to distinguish the brand away from Sesame Street. Many of the critics seem to still be confused about who the Muppets are. All too often people go to Muppet Babies or Sesame first.

beaker

Reaction score
Regarding the possible low opening weekend numbers(and the fact I definitely see way more families and parents and kids reaching for Pixar merch at disney stores)...I think society has coddled and nullified kids and people in general with all this CG saturation

Oh wow! Wow...that would have rocked. It would have nudged the film from amazing to visionary to have had the yip yips. The fact Stoller even thought of this makes me happy. And yeah Grover as a waiter would have been nice. Now Im not saying we needed a ton of Sesame cameos ala TMM or MTM...but just one would have been amazing. Like Uncle Matt in TMM(I read he was also suppose to be in Muppets From Space)

Maybe in the next film. Constantine's misbelief the Muppet Show is Sesame Street and the brief Sesame video clip definitely bring us that much closer to a Sesame cameo. ONLY thing worse than no cameo would have been if Bobin had filmed the yip yips but cut it for time

beaker

Reaction score
Anyone wish that they had used Joe the Armadillo for the armadillo joke?

Also that scene of Beau as the conducter sticking his head out...so amazing and cinematic. Also who else got a big thrill from the Seventh Seal spoof?

I still think Disney's trying to distinguish the brand away from Sesame Street. Many of the critics seem to still be confused about who the Muppets are. All too often people go to Muppet Babies or Sesame first.
I see nothing wrong with this. That perception will never change, so why not have fun with it? They even directly reference this with Constantine believing the Muppet Show is Sesame Street when we first see Constantine pretending to be Kermit.

And we officially have the return of Anime Muppet Babies with the Lipton Commerical.

Im all for more live action Muppet Babies :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Anyone wish that they had used Joe the Armadillo for the armadillo joke?

Also that scene of Beau as the conducter sticking his head out...so amazing and cinematic. Also who else got a big thrill from the Seventh Seal spoof?

I see nothing wrong with this. That perception will never change, so why not have fun with it? They even directly reference this with Constantine believing the Muppet Show is Sesame Street when we first see Constantine pretending to be Kermit.

And we officially have the return of Anime Muppet Babies with the Lipton Commerical.

Im all for more live action Muppet Babies :smile:

Actually, yeah. That perception needs to change in order for the Muppets to be successful on a wider scale. It wasn't always that way. The Muppet brand languished too much in the years between Henson's death and the Disney purchase.

The adage is true. You can't go home again. But - the Muppets can honor their roots while strengthening their brand.