Anyone else sick of this?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yet no Mr. Peabody sounds weird?
I seriously doubt most of the people going were huge Peabody fans to begin with. I'm sure if my Dad went to see the film he'd instantly be complaining about the voice.

Obviously these casual fans only watched like the first 3 films at one point and haven't touched the franchise since....Freaking casuals...
Guess I'm a half casual then, lol. I did touch the franchise since and usually came to regret it. So did most audiences. That's why Muppets (2011) was considered a comeback.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No no no. Not fans that constantly rewatch the first three films. Ones that kinda sort of watched them once when they were kids. Maybe an episode of the Muppet Show that one time and a bunch of Muppet Babies episodes. THAT kind of casual. The ones that got more exposure to the preschool cartoon spinoff. Where the voices were really weird.

At least it's not like Looney Tunes where they constantly recast the characters based on availability and pricing. I just want ONE official voice for each character. Sucks that in both big movies, they didn't get Jim Cummings to play Taz. Mel Blanc nothing. He was awesome and all, but Jim made Taz his character. If there's one recast in the whole thing that actually puts Mel to shame, it's that. Oh man, I'm getting off topic.

But seriously, Jim's a better Taz. He gives a far more energetic, multidimensional performance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
THAT kind of casual. The ones that got more exposure to the preschool cartoon spinoff. Where the voices were really weird.
I get you, that might have been me if not for Nickelodeon's Muppet Matinee, hehe.

they didn't get Jim Cummings to play Taz. Mel Blanc nothing. He was awesome and all, but Jim made Taz his character. If there's one recast in the whole thing that actually puts Mel to shame, it's that. Oh man, I'm getting off topic.

But seriously, Jim's a better Taz. He gives a far more energetic, multidimensional performance.
Oh was he on Taz-Mania?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just have a hard time finding that a valid reason to dislike the movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well you yourself said you were concerned that Jim Henson not be forgotten. I think the fact that fans notice that Kermit's voice is different proves Jim is still very much on people's minds. :smile:
I wrote that like two years ago I'm not concerned about that anymore.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I am personally done putting up with people griping about how the Muppets sound.

For me, one of the triumphs of MMW is that Whitmire, Jacobson, Baretta, Vogel, Rudman and Linz all knock it out of the park at every opportunity, in terms of line delivery, singing, puppetry and all-around energy. (Dave Goelz does too, of course, but we're talking about recasts.)

If I was ever lucky enough to be involved with any future Muppet production, I'd make anyone else involved sit down and watch MMW, and basically say, "Here's how it's done, folks."

Seriously, with all due respect to the original Muppet performers, I even prefer the new "Together Again" to the original.