Johnny Fiama - where is he now?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Johnny Fiama left the Muppets to pursue his singing dream career and to promote his new album "We Can Barely Hear Ya". He split up with Sal after a brief argument on who's in charge of paying the rent, and Sal went to pursue his dream of learning how to become a tap dancer. He returned to being Johnny's bodyguard in 2009 and returned to perform in the Muppets Boheniam Rhapsody video and are rumored to be working a full length feature film together.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Johnny Fiama left the Muppets to pursue his singing dream career and to promote his new album "We Can Barely Hear Ya". He split up with Sal after a brief argument on who's in charge of paying the rent, and Sal went to pursue his dream of learning how to become a tap dancer. He returned to being Johnny's bodyguard in 2009 and returned to perform in the Muppets Boheniam Rhapsody video and are rumored to be working a full length feature film together.
I can't wait to see it. It's offical. Fiama announced today at 4:53 pm that his new film "Johnny The Sensation" is to be released in the summer of 2017/

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I can't wait to see it. It's offical. Fiama announced today at 4:53 pm that his new film "Johnny The Sensation" is to be released in the summer of 2017/
And he recently released a teaser poster. Glad to see Sal and Mama are involved. Though it looks suspiciously like the poster for Frank Sinatra's "Come Fly With Me", with Johnny's head placed onto Frank's. And what happened to his hands?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
And he recently released a teaser poster. Glad to see Sal and Mama are involved. Though it looks suspiciously like the poster for Frank Sinatra's "Come Fly With Me", with Johnny's head placed onto Frank's. And what happened to his hands?

Hmm, it does look a lot like "Come Fly With Me". Oh what the hey.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Brian Henson said in a recent AMA that he would love to perform Sal again someday
If not, I really think Tyler Bunch would be a very close recast. He's prone to playing loud, bombastic characters, and I could imagine him doing a rough approximation of that voice.

Now that the movie's over, I hope there's some other project somewhere they can get on. I'd LOVE to see a series of Muppet viral videos that would include as many characters as possible. I'd LOVE to see one focus on Johnny and Sal. Probably the best place to put them.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
you know even if they won't recast him i'd like to see him and Sal in the background, come on writers it's not that hard to recast a lesser-known character, even if the voice isn't exact someone could loosely mimic Sal

Muppet Master

Reaction score
yeah if they can bring back link why cant johnny?
ya they did the impossible, why not Sal, then again maybe Disney barely knows Sal or Johnny, I mean VMX and MFS have different owners, and MWoO is almost a decade old, and MT is also really old and something Disney hardly mentions it exists