60 Years of Muppets...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last year I posted news of a big Muppet CD set on April Fools day, but I think it would make for a great set.

The post: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...et-album-coming-fall-2013.54433/#post-1032852

My article also listed two phoney entries from Muppets Most Wanted (well, one was a real song, just not in the movie, but at the time we had no way of knowing any of the song titles or what established songs would be in the movie. If there were a real 60th anniversary set like what I listed, I'd replace those two songs with "We're Doing a Sequel" and "I'll Give You What You Want" (and maybe also ditch another movie song to include "Feels So Right"). In fact I'd also want another song on the list replaced with "No Room for Boring".

But no songs from that Lady Gaga special!:mad:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I just want reruns of TMS on a non-cable station like MY-13, like how I Love Lucy and The Simpsons are. Is that too much to ask!!!! If not that S4 and 5 would look very good right now, hint hint.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Count me in for a 60th anniversary TV special. I'd love to see a two-hour retrospective hosted by Jimmy Fallon and/or Jimmy Kimmel (two of the Muppets' best friends on modern-day TV).

I have to wonder how Jason Segel would work as a host or co-host for such an endeavor - I know he stepped back from it all after TM2011 but I can't imagine that his heart wouldn't be in it for something like this.

After reading Jim Henson: The Biography, I started thinking that there should be a book or documentary on how the Muppets have survived - and even thrived - as a franchise after Jim's death. That they are still present (and in many corners, treasured) in an increasingly-crowded pop-culture world is a tribute both to Jim's legacy, the enduring appeal of the characters, and the hard work of so many people that have kept them going before and after the tragic losses of the early '90s (ie. Henson and Hunt).

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Disney loves anniversaries, so I'm sure we'll get something.

If they could do something with Seasame Street and the Jim Henson company, that would be awesome!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When Craig Shemin was interviewed for DK, he was saying that they (and by "they" I can't remember if he meant DK, Disney, himself, or someone else) wanted to do an "Ultimate Guide" for the Muppets if The Muppets Character Encyclopedia did well. That could make a good release for the 60th anniversary.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
What would I like to see? If Sesame Workshop, Disney, and The Jim Henson Company are able to pull it off, I'd very much like to see another special with every possible Muppet combined! Seriously, when's the last time we got something like that????