The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

DanielBMS

Reaction score
One I vaguely remember involves a female puppet who keeps sitting down on a seat that crunches and another puppet that keeps coming in wearing the wrong costume and the final one he wears is right which is a spider and she totally freaks out. I just remember laughing so much at it. Can anyone remember this one and is it on youtube?
I'm sure that had something to do with Little Miss Muffet Sitting On A Tuffet.

slai

Reaction score
Sesame Street sings the Alphabets of TV Vocabulary?

Hello! I'm new here because I figure someone here MUST know what I've been trying to remember for the past 25+ years or so!

I remember watching some awards show during the early 1980s where the entire cast of Sesame Street appeared and sung about the alphabet of TV vocabulary. I even recorded it on my brand spanking new VCR at the time and kept it for several years before my stupid younger self ERASED it for lack of videotape space since videotapes were somewhat expensive back then. I'm still very angry at my younger self for doing that.

I can't remember which awards show it was specifically, but I surmise is the Primetime Emmy Awards. I could be wrong though. I somehow also associate that appearance with a skit involving dancing accountants with their briefcases and a choir of game show hosts singing about the turmoils that comes with their job. I actually finally found a clip of the game show host choir from another videotape collector, but that's it!

The only other clue that I remember is that this appearance took place before Snuffy was 'outed' to the adults since Big Bird came on at the end of the segment looking for Snuffy which all the adults again didn't believe he existed. I'm not sure if this was also when Gordon, Linda, and Maria did believe Snuffy existed or not either, but my fuzzy memory think they did believe Snuffy was real and supported Big Bird's claims. Does anyone here have any information pertaining to this segment, and does a clip of it exist anywhere out there? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sonia
Hello again! I just wanted to report that I FOUND said sketch ALL BY MYSELF with NO help from anyone ANYWHERE sadly despite asking EVERYWHERE from Sesame Workshop to the archivist at Henson Productions, who NEVER replied to me. I guess I WAS the only weird kid who watched the Emmys for fun, and my brain is better at remembering than I thought it was. If you ever watch older Emmy broadcasts, they are a LOT more entertaining than they are now!

On my recent trip to New York City, I went to the Paley Center/The Museum of Television and Radio and looked up the Emmy broadcasts within the date I remembered, and I found it on my first try! It was EXACTLY how I remembered it, and it was a joy seeing again! I also saw the fantastic opening of that Emmy broadcast again! Sadly, the Paley Center will NOT release anything online since they don't own the rights to the broadcast, but I know copies are out there somewhere of it since a friend of mine lent me the game show host choir skit from the following year's broadcast, and it had the EXACT same 'blip' on the Paley Center's copy as his. Now I just have to find someone who has a copy of that broadcast, and I'll be happy.

I'm off to bug contacts that might have some info on where I can get my hands on that broadcast. I'm off then! Thanks for letting me try here at least!

Sonia

ISNorden

Reaction score
Old street scenes wanted: Bert searches for a special bottle cap

I've got vague memories of an episode from the 1970s, with street scenes about Bert trying to find a "Watermelon Whip" bottle cap. He described it as red, with a green circle around the edge and the letter W in the middle. Two human characters found caps that didn't match those details, much to Bert's frustration; but I forget whether the search succeeded by the end of the episode. Does this plot ring a bell with anyone else?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Old letter O sketch--may have requested before, but I'm not sure!

(Mainly because I can't search as far back in the new forums as I could in the old ones... :search:)

The sketch I had in mind showed three characters on the Street, each with a circular object that they compared to the letter O--then altered somehow. I don't recall which characters exactly, but two were humans and the third was a Muppet (probably Oscar):

• "O....O with a bite in it." (a donut; this must have been made BEFORE "C is for Cookie", which compares bitten donuts to a different letter!)
  • "O...O with a leak in it." (an inner tube which someone had trouble inflating)
  • "O...O with a dent in it." (some metallic object I can't recall; may have been a wheel rim)
If anyone else has seen this and can confirm/correct my details...feel free!

Yorick

Reaction score
Anyone have a video of Twin Cat Tango? I can't find it on youtube.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I'm looking for the cartoon "An elephant has four legs". I want to use it for a future Youtube Poop.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Not a sketch, but I'm looking for something from Season 33 where kids dance to the song Get Outta Here.

RobertK

Reaction score
Looking for the short cartoon in which there were smart turtles (at least I think they were turtles) saying "Six times seven is forty two, and Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania". I tell my daughter about this when she is having trouble with her 7 times tables and would love to find a clip. I think it may have even been on the first DVD set but I'm not sure. Can anyone ID the cartoon and let me know if I can find it online or on disc? No luck with multiple Google searches. Thanks!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Robert K, welcome to Muppet Central. The reason you're not having any luck in finding what you're searching for is because those are from other sources that aren't Sesame/Muppet related segments.

The one with the "6 times 7 is 42" line could be from either the animated segment accompanying either the song "I've Got Six" or "Lucky Seven Sampson" from Multiplication Rock, which in turn is one of the subcategories of subjects covered in the series of animated shorts from Schoolhouse Rock!
As for the song stating that Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania, you might be thinking of the song sung by Whacko Warner listing all the capitals of all the states of the United States from the show Animaniacs.

Hope this helps and have a good time exploring the rest of the forums.