Your "Muppets Most Wanted" Experiences

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Did you overhear any teenager, dads or moms explaining to little kids who Ross Lynch is after the showing of Muppets Most Wanted at your movie theater?
No, but I did have to explain to my dad who Ross Lynch is. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My third experience with the movie was probably my best one. There were hardly any people in the theater but it was the best reactions out of the three times I went. I felt like I was with a bunch of ACTUAL Muppet fans. Especially when Piggy beats the crap out of Constantine in the helicopter I heard a lady yell "GO MISS PIGGY!" And everyone clapped at the end.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The first time I saw it (opening night) the audience was okay, but the second time I saw was with twenty people from our school (My puppet team and their parents), and it was much more enjoyable. Obviously my students have a love for puppetry in general so they loved it, but over all it was a more packed theater and the audience was more into the movie. There was a lady behind me that laughed at everything and something about that made me feel real happy. The idea that there were adults that 'got' the Muppets and it wasn't just a kiddy film.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
The first time I watched it, it was Great I went with some of my friends who very much enjoyed it and the theatre had a fair amount of people watching it. The second time I went with my brother and dad who both enjoyed it too and that time the Cinema was pretty packed. Overall they were both enjoyable experiences :smile:

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Today I had a wonderful experience. My local cinema told me that they will preview the original Muppets Most Wanted movie a week earlier! Can't be happier!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Went for my second viewing a couple of days ago, and the theater was almost as full as the first time. The highlight for me was when it showed Nadya's Kermit shrine and this one girl in the back burst out laughing really loudly. :smile:
That's great to hear! Love hearing full theaters!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Today I had a wonderful experience. My local cinema told me that they will preview the original Muppets Most Wanted movie a week earlier! Can't be happier!

Original movie? Huh? There's another version out there?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't notice this thread before! But anyways, my experience...

Well, I saw the film on the 22nd (the day after it came out). A couple of family friends surprised me and my parents with tickets to go see it. (No matter how hard we tried to convince my sisters to come along beforehand, but they just weren't interested- my youngest sister DOES want to see it, but she just "doesn't want to pay that much money to go see it".) As a side note, I wore this shirt to the theater: https://www.threadless.com/product/3364/The_Lovers_The_Dreamers_and_Me/style,design

But anyways, there was barely anybody at the theater- there were were a couple of parents who brought their kids with them, there was a group of old people, me, my parents, and the family friends. After getting popcorn and drinks for ourselves, the previews started. Me and one of the family friends weren't interested in any of the upcoming movies; we were moaning, groaning, and making complaints like "who cares about this stuff?". When the Monsters University short started, I let out a huge sigh of relief, knowing that I wouldn't have to endure with anymore of the not interesting commercials. After that, when the Walt Disney Pictures logo popped up, I became incredibly psyched, and thinking to myself "yes! yes! yes!" now that the movie was going to start. There were definitely a lot of great moments that the audience (myself included) enjoyed a lot! Every minute of this film was well worth my time! It's just really sad that it's not getting as big of a box office that it deserves. 2 weeks after I saw it, my friend took her 8 or 9 year old son to see it, and she told me that there were 9 other people in the theater besides them.

Either way, I enjoyed the film very much, and depending on how much longer it's going to last in the theater, I can't wait to see it again!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sadly, not much of a turn-us at all my showings, but I did mostly go at strange times and to quiet theaters so it doesn't really mean much.