When did fans get tired of Pepe?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Him and Rizzo where really on top in MFS, but somewhere between MWOZ and letters to Santa he lost his appeal

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I've always found Pepe mildly amusing and he tends to bring out the best in Bill, however, I'd prefer to see Rowlf or Dr Teeth getting more screen time. They are Jim's characters after all :big_grin:

I think the issue with Pepe is that he came out of a failed TV series and never had the chance to properly develop. The other characters had five seasons of the Muppet Show and then 8 movies to develop while Pepe kind of had to grab on to a niche and hope to Henson that he could withstand time.

I think a TV show would be very kind to Pepe in that he could grow past being a womanising, annoying shrimp- oops, I mean King Prawn!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I mean in MMW, I liked Pepe. He wasn't in my face, but at least he didn't have one stupid scene that was commercialized 50 billion times.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I hate how Pepe's been getting so much attention. When will people realize that Pepe is NOT, I repeat, NOT a original Muppet. No offense, Pepe.:rolleyes: Don't give me that look, I'm telling the truth.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I hate how Pepe's been getting so much attention. When will people realize that Pepe is NOT, I repeat, NOT a original Muppet. No offense, Pepe.:rolleyes: Don't give me that look, I'm telling the truth.
Neither is Walter just saying...

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Yeah, well, we can all relate to Walter, because of the fact that we are all Muppet fans. But, Pepe came in during the Muppets Tonight-era where some of the new characters weren't that great, ( but, for some reason, I really liked Seymour.)

SpookyMania

Reaction score
I've never cared for Pepe. He was always too obnoxious and never really seemed to fit in with the rest of the Muppet crowd, and never really seemed like he wanted to. I'm really happy the new films have been using him in such small doses. After MWoO I was getting worried.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
He's a good character, but I don't love him. Sometimes I feel it's same thing over and over with him. But he's had his funny moments