Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Been awhile since there wasn't any news on the Muppet Babies and I still hope enough fans bombard Disney to release the series from the 80's! Rumors were-they needed to 'pay for' the numerous film clips used..but I was told there were contracts to run the clips all they wanted,when the show made their deals. Now there is talk of something political behind the delay.Sorry to see the discussions haven't been plentiful as other forums ..glad the faithful core exists...Fans may need a campaign.
Also...Aside from finding me here on MC, I am on Facebook as time permits.
thanks again MB fans! Greg Berg
I wouldn't doubt there would be political things behind a delay. As I've said often, Disney hates DVD box sets. They love movies, and shove even the very popular Phineas and Ferb episodes into movie length and sell them that way. But a multi-disk set of a cartoon, either created under Disney or acquired in some buyout, is usually out of the question. Even the ones they did release are incomplete (Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, and The Tick).

I wouldn't doubt there's also a problem with a subbrand. Disney is still establishing the straightforward original Muppets, and Muppet Babies would throw a wrench into that somehow. Even if they did clear that away, I'd tend to think we'd get one or two "Best Of" releases with a few episodes on each disk. I wouldn't put it past them to just release DVD versions of the 1990's VHS collections.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt there would be political things behind a delay. As I've said often, Disney hates DVD box sets. They love movies, and shove even the very popular Phineas and Ferb episodes into movie length and sell them that way. But a multi-disk set of a cartoon, either created under Disney or acquired in some buyout, is usually out of the question. Even the ones they did release are incomplete (Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, and The Tick).

I wouldn't doubt there's also a problem with a subbrand. Disney is still establishing the straightforward original Muppets, and Muppet Babies would throw a wrench into that somehow. Even if they did clear that away, I'd tend to think we'd get one or two "Best Of" releases with a few episodes on each disk. I wouldn't put it past them to just release DVD versions of the 1990's VHS collections.

Hey Drtooth really like what you have said that they might just release the best of the muppet babies i have only seen that in the past with Disney with other shows really sad or they just make a overseas release of something and leave the USA out of the loop .
I hope that they do not do that with the Muppet babies and make it world wide weather it just the best of the Muppet babies on DVD or Blu ray what ever comes first or complete season sets hope Disney does better in general in better release over all of the rights that they have to TV shows either there own made or ones that they got the rights to .

mimitchi33

Reaction score
With disney owning star wars and muppet babies it would make a better chance for dvds
I agree. Now that they own the franchise, they have a higher chance of being able to re-release the show, since that clip was in the opening.

MBPRODMAN

Reaction score
Unless Henson lost the contracts, Disney should be able to use the clips for Muppet Babies in perpetuity - i.e. forever. Those clips couldn't have been used in the first place without a contract like that. I suspect that one of the problems in creating the digital files to make DVDs of the shows requires going back to the original elements used to make those episodes and it could be that Marvel Productions saw fit to lose some of that material, when they went through the various changes in the studio that occurred in the nineties or possibly even before that.

SesameFever

Reaction score
Unless Henson lost the contracts, Disney should be able to use the clips for Muppet Babies in perpetuity - i.e. forever. Those clips couldn't have been used in the first place without a contract like that. I suspect that one of the problems in creating the digital files to make DVDs of the shows requires going back to the original elements used to make those episodes and it could be that Marvel Productions saw fit to lose some of that material, when they went through the various changes in the studio that occurred in the nineties or possibly even before that.
Thanks but I hope not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I suspect that one of the problems in creating the digital files to make DVDs of the shows requires going back to the original elements used to make those episodes and it could be that Marvel Productions saw fit to lose some of that material, when they went through the various changes in the studio that occurred in the nineties or possibly even before that.
Unless Disney didn't get everything after the buyout of the Muppet characters, I doubt that's the case. Even if it were, we'd at least see digital versions of the VHS releases they themselves did back in the 90's.

I'd say that Disney wants the Muppet Babies out of the franchise so far. They've put in little inklings like the Baby Animal in the Lipton Tea add, and Piggy's fantasy babies in MMW... so they might change that down the line. I really feel the time is now to start up the Muppet Babies again, but as a line of baby items first.

Plus, like I said a trillion times before... Disney hates TV box set DVD releases. If we can't get one for major current hits like Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and any of the Marvel shows (the Ultimate Spider-Man DVD was a 2 disk mishmash of out of order episodes... way to stave off piracy), I doubt they'd be going for anything from the 80's or 90's.

Didn't even finish freaking Ducktales off. What does that tell you?

SesameFever

Reaction score
Unless Disney didn't get everything after the buyout of the Muppet characters, I doubt that's the case. Even if it were, we'd at least see digital versions of the VHS releases they themselves did back in the 90's.

I'd say that Disney wants the Muppet Babies out of the franchise so far. They've put in little inklings like the Baby Animal in the Lipton Tea add, and Piggy's fantasy babies in MMW... so they might change that down the line. I really feel the time is now to start up the Muppet Babies again, but as a line of baby items first.

Plus, like I said a trillion times before... Disney hates TV box set DVD releases. If we can't get one for major current hits like Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, and any of the Marvel shows (the Ultimate Spider-Man DVD was a 2 disk mishmash of out of order episodes... way to stave off piracy), I doubt they'd be going for anything from the 80's or 90's.

Didn't even finish freaking Ducktales off. What does that tell you?
I agree. Disney needs to change.