Your "Muppets Most Wanted" Experiences

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Original movie? Huh? There's another version out there?
Sorry for the late comment: I live in the Netherlands (that's why I'm called DutchMuppet :smile:) and we get the Original (english) version and a Dutch dubbed version. And for a kids movie it's very rare to happen that they release both in cinema. Only Pixar movies get that treatment. Mostly they play only the dubbed version. In Holland there are a lot of older Muppet fans that demanded the original English version.

When I look at my last comment, sometimes I forget I live in another country and somethings aren't normal :wink:

Happy Haunt

Reaction score
Went to see it a couple weeks ago with my sis and friend at our local cinema (not a big cinema, could of gone to watch it somewhere else but its a bit of a drive), which has recently reopened due to flood damage. Screen 2 - my favourite screen. Yes I have a favourite screen. Not many people there though, we were near to the front so had a good view with nobody in front of us.

Actually this was the first Muppet movie I've watched on the big screen... and I hadn't looked up much about it so didn't have any spoilers either. I really liked the film, it made me laugh a number of times... and I was so glad Sam the Eagle had a bigger role for once (apart from Treasure Island of course). A bit disappointed Uncle Deadly only had a cameo appearance though. I also liked the songs, surprised Sam was involved in a song actually.

I want to go watch it again before it gets taken off; so might at some point. :big_grin:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sorry for the late comment: I live in the Netherlands (that's why I'm called DutchMuppet :smile:) and we get the Original (english) version and a Dutch dubbed version. And for a kids movie it's very rare to happen that they release both in cinema. Only Pixar movies get that treatment. Mostly they play only the dubbed version. In Holland there are a lot of older Muppet fans that demanded the original English version.

When I look at my last comment, sometimes I forget I live in another country and somethings aren't normal :wink:

Ah, okay that makes more sense. I thought there was some extended version of the film I didn't know about. :embarrassed:

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Yesterday I was at the premiere in the cinema. 10 people were in it. Everybody loved the movie but 10 people... geez. It could be worse. I went to premierenight of Corpse Bride and my buddy and I were the only ones. Really special to have the cinema for your own but you miss the atmosphere. In the afternoon there was a 2 o'clock show for the children (Dutch dubbed offcourse) and there were also 10 people. They even had actors playing Freggles (in costume offcourse) which was really cool. I heard that the Muppets did pretty good compare to the rest of the movies. Some movies there were no people. That's just sad. I hope saturday and sunday will do great!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
People don't generally run to family movies during the week. Wait for the weekend and hopefully it'll fill up faster. The movies that pull in big numbers during the week are usually blockbuster super-hero flicks.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
People don't generally run to family movies during the week. Wait for the weekend and hopefully it'll fill up faster. The movies that pull in big numbers during the week are usually blockbuster super-hero flicks.
Usually you would be right but there's a big holiday in our country and all schools are closed for this week and next week. So they hoped for a bigger turnout. But the other movies had the same amount of audience. But then again, Captain America was canceled because there were no tickets sold. But the experience was really great. Everyone who was there was laughing there buts of!:sympathy: