Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
Robot Chicken does it again.

Ernie and Bert split up as roomates, and Bert gets a new one off of Craigslist... with obvious results.

And they used some Muppet Show Palisades accessories in the background, of course.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Robot Chicken does it again.

Ernie and Bert split up as roomates, and Bert gets a new one off of Craigslist... with obvious results.

And they used some Muppet Show Palisades accessories in the background, of course.

I'm glad they took a slight moral high-ground at the end by having Bert not be turned into the same kind of freak the roommate was. It was actually a pretty funny bit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad they took a slight moral high-ground at the end by having Bert not be turned into the same kind of freak the roommate was. It was actually a pretty funny bit.
I'm just happy they didn't kill off Ernie, Bert, OR ALF. The killing off kid's favorite jokes have been done to... well... death.

(and they killed Handy Smurf off anyway, but that was kinda funny and important to the skit).

But the one joke I really liked was Ernie pulling off his nose and the roommate saying "I can do that too!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm just happy they didn't kill off Ernie, Bert, OR ALF. The killing off kid's favorite jokes have been done to... well... death.

(and they killed Handy Smurf off anyway, but that was kinda funny and important to the skit).

But the one joke I really liked was Ernie pulling off his nose and the roommate saying "I can do that too!"
Bert rooming with ALF? Whoa- I'm not sure if that's better or worse than Ernie. Ha! I kill me!:fishy::stick_out_tongue::zany:
Thanks for the tip on that- as both a Muppets fan and ALF fan, that's doubly cool for me. (Though I'm not really a fan of Robot Chicken- but I've seen some sketches here and there and it can be quite funny when it keeps things clean.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
ALF was a series of other skits where he replaced the Alien in the Aliens movies.

And he didn't die once.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, okay- I thought he was in the Sesame Street sketch. Who was Bert's new roommate then?:frown: (or perhaps just a new previously unknown character)

Teheheman

Reaction score
Family Guy had a gag where Stewie rode a bike like Kermit did in the Muppet Movie. Stewie Long Legs just blew your mind lol

Daniel

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
On 8 out of 10 cats does countdown James Corden referred to Statler and Waldorf.
While on Graham Norton he had Seth Macfarlane on it, who talked in the voice of Kermit the Frog for a bit.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody said this already, but I'll put it anyways:

In Victorious on Nick, the main teenagers are going to be in a parade and have a cupcake float, that is going VERY slowly. The following dialogue happens:

Tori: What street are we on???
Beck: Let's just say we're on Sesame Street.
Cat: Oh, I love Sesame Street! Sunny days....
Jade: NO!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's an old one from the sitcom Bosom Buddies. The episode where they accidentally drop a water balloon on Richard Nixon's car, and Tom Hanks's character finds all the trouble they're in as a sign that it's time to stop acting childish. He even wants to refuse the business of a novelty toy company (they run an advertising agency, you see)... to which Peter Scolari's character says:
"The Muppets may be childish, but Jim Henson can afford his own planet!"

(and seriously... let that thought sink in. Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever if it happened?)