Why has no coverage been put up about John Henson's death?

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
It troubles me that there has been no tribute to the late John Henson on muppet central. Does anyone know why this happens?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude, I found out that Filmation Founder Lou Schiemer did last year a few weeks ago. Cartoonists, animators, voice actors... guys like that rarely get coverage unless they're huge names in their field. I'm surprised Jerry Nelson got the coverage he did, though BOTH the Emmys and Academy Awards didn't disappoint in overlooking him because he wasn't some screenwriter that wrote that one thing.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Dude, I found out that Filmation Founder Lou Schiemer did last year a few weeks ago. Cartoonists, animators, voice actors... guys like that rarely get coverage unless they're huge names in their field. I'm surprised Jerry Nelson got the coverage he did, though BOTH the Emmys and Academy Awards didn't disappoint in overlooking him because he wasn't some screenwriter that wrote that one thing.
Yes that's true. Jerry deserved the tribute though he is such a veteran. Hopefully more will come for john

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If you watch Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge it kind of an in direct tribute to everyone who has worked with the Muppets and Henson.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well I saw a news report for his death on 2/16/14 on ABC World News, kinda surprised he was famous enough to be on the news. Besides him Oswald Morris, the b.s.c guy from GMC passed away last month and I haven't heard anything about it.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Well I saw a news report for his death on 2/16/14 on ABC World News, kinda surprised he was famous enough to be on the news. Besides him Oswald Morris, the b.s.c guy from GMC passed away last month and I haven't heard anything about it.
Very true facts. Only thing that bothers me is that muppet central has said nothing. I mean john is the son of jim Henson, the creator of the muppets, and John did a lot to help after Jim died. He even voiced sweetums after richard hunt passed on.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
He even voiced sweetums after richard hunt passed on.
One thing I have to complain about the news report and so many other reports on his death, but John Henson gets too much credit for Sweetums! With all due respect to the late and great John Henson, but Richard Hunt brought the character alive, could'nt they at least have said "the wonderful successor to the late Richard Hunt's character, Sweetums". I mean John didn't do much with Sweetums, he had like 2 lines in MTI and some in MWoO, but that's basically it!