Why has no coverage been put up about John Henson's death?

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
One thing I have to complain about the news report and so many other reports on his death, but John Henson gets too much credit for Sweetums! With all due respect to the late and great John Henson, but Richard Hunt brought the character alive, could'nt they at least have said "the wonderful successor to the late Richard Hunt's character, Sweetums". I mean John didn't do much with Sweetums, he had like 2 lines in MTI and some in MWoO, but that's basically it!
There is no replacing richard hunt. He is my all time favorite performer. No can be close to as good as him. But John at least tried his best. Didn't he do him in the muppets too?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There is no replacing richard hunt. He is my all time favorite performer. No can be close to as good as him. But John at least tried his best. Didn't he do him in the muppets too?
If you're thinking about The Muppets (2011) then no, Matt Vogel performed him and is now his recurring performer. John left the muppets in 2005 like Brian Henson for whatever reason.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
If you're thinking about The Muppets (2011) then no, Matt Vogel performed him and is now his recurring performer. John left the muppets in 2005 like Brian Henson for whatever reason.
Oh okay thanks. Yeah I mean I think he still made his mark with the group. Maybe not as much as Brian Henson, but he's done a lot. I wonder why he left in 2005...

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Oh okay thanks. Yeah I mean I think he still made his mark with the group. Maybe not as much as Brian Henson, but he's done a lot. I wonder why he left in 2005...
That was around the time when he began sprouting in the non-muppet areas, I mean with Puppet Up and Creature Challange which were probably budding projects at the time, and since Disney had the muppets in good hands there was no reason for him to be there.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
That was around the time when he began sprouting in the non-muppet areas, I mean with Puppet Up and Creature Challange which were probably budding projects at the time, and since Disney had the muppets in good hands there was no reason for him to be there.
Yes you're probably right. Puppet up and Tinseltown really disappointed me. They defeated what the muppets were really about.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
It's not that John Henson doesn't "deserve" a banner, but Jane Henson was the co-founder of the Muppets, and Jerry Nelson was one of the first performers. It's different - no less sad or somber, but it's still different.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know what more could have been done for John, he passed away before there was time to add his name to the tribute at the end of Muppets most wanted. When he passed Henson.com and Disney both sent condolences on Facebook and Twitter.
Sometimes I think it's best to just leave well enough alone and let the family grieve.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Thing is, how much is there to say? John didn't work that much with the Muppets throughout his lifetime, so people who didn't know him personally didn't really have much to say. With Jerry Nelson, he was all over the place, and regular fans liek you and me had many different memories of Jerry and our favorite characters. For this reason, you'll notice the fan sites have collected thoughts and prayers from those who knew him best, like this post on the Muppet Mindset and the same for Toughpigs. From what we hear, John was a wonderful person, but to the fans, we don't really know all that much about him.

I wrote a tribute to John when he passed away, but there really wasn't much to be said for someone like me who didn't know him personally.

When I spoke to Craig Shemin, I asked him to share some thoughts and memories of John, as he knew him personally, and I hoped to make it a tribute to John, with things that many of us couldn't say. Craig shared some great stories about him which you can read here, and according to Mr. Shemin, John always had a smile on his face, much like Jim himself.

Rest in peace John.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
When John passed, i was more sad for Brian Lisa and Cheryl. They had just recently lost there mom, so I know that it had to be hard.