Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why they have to fit in the Disney Family. They're pretty much their own thing. Much like their thankfully not too hands on ownership of Marvel... which ironically causes Disney comics to not get printed.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume it's the miserly music owners and greedy estates. Something tells me that the John Denver estate has something to do with this (I've heard complaints about them somewhere else on this site... they're the reason Rocky Mountain Holiday isn't being rereleased on DVD) or renegotiating Beatles songs half owned by the Jackson estate. They own Star Wars, so that can't be it... though it would be nice to release that as a special DVD if season 4 can't get legally released.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Marval is going to be added to Disney infinity before the Muppets......

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I bet if the muppets were still owned by Columbia-Sony, we'd have TMS all seasons before 2010, and MT by now. Honestly Disney's got to learn what will make money! There are those cooking shows gathering dust on shelves of DVD stores that nobody buys, but TMS would be flying off the shelves!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I mean it is on YouTube.......So sure ok sounds good!

That is part of the reason why Disney dose not release things is because of stuff like that.