What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Kermit's swamp years is the worst. I looked so forward to seeing it, but oh my gosh was it bad

Drtooth

Reaction score
Person 1: Ok, we need to make the muppets all new and like swag, so let's find some celebs that're like totally popular and like hip.

Person 2: Jason Siegel, Neil Patrick Harris, Amy Adams, Whoopie, Selena, and that kid from Modern Family.

Person 3: Perfect, good job, we've finished the film, now let's go get a pizza.
Except for the fact that A) Jason Segal wrote the film and B) Jason Segal was essentially the reason a Muppet Film got made in the first place.

There's a difference between disliking a movie and trying to find logic to dislike a movie.

I mean, if Disney wanted a cynical, hip, failure of a movie that fans wouldn't care about, they'd make another MWO.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Except for the fact that A) Jason Segal wrote the film and B) Jason Segal was essentially the reason a Muppet Film got made in the first place.

There's a difference between disliking a movie and trying to find logic to dislike a movie.

I mean, if Disney wanted a cynical, hip, failure of a movie that fans wouldn't care about, they'd make another MWO.

No offense, but you really just need to get over it. The entire world (or heck, even this entire forum) isn't obligated to share your opinion on this movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No offense, but you really just need to get over it. The entire world (or heck, even this entire forum) isn't obligated to share your opinion on this movie.
Can I at least say your criticism has a point. I'll even agree it's an emotionally manipulative fan fic. MMW actually made me like this film a little less. Yes, not everyone has to like it, but if you're going to complain about a movie, at least get the facts straight.

The complaint was that the movie was some lame, cynical cash grab by Disney that forced big time celebrities in it to be hip and edgy. We all know that wasn't the case. Jason was the one that wrote the film, he put some of his buddies in it. Disney did force Selena Gomez into the script, that's like the only grain of fact, and the writers seemed to hate that so much, they gave her backhanded dialogue.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
the "This is going to be a really short movie" reminded me of GMC,
Though I also respect your opinion, repeating dialouge seems like lazy writting in my opion instead of being a reference. I honestly think Siegel didn't know it was from GMC, and even if he did know, then it was a lame way of being a reference! A better way would be for Amy Adams to say the line, and...
Walter: Uh Mary, I think you're copying Kermit's line, look...
(Turns on TV to show the GMC scene where Kermit says the line)
Amy Adams: oh...
(everything else goes as it did)
MFS tried to do the same thing, because Joey Mazzarino didn't think his script was true to the muppets so he pushed in the Dom Deluise S&W comment, and the "Sadly Temporary" line. I mean that film only had 1 origanal S&W moment! Though I'm most likely nit-picking on this, that's my 2 cents.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp Years was good! I don't know why everybody hates it. It's probably the fact that it's aimed at a younger audience. Anyways, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz sucked.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Not a Muppet movie, but a film that I find to be awful is Foodfight. It's boring, it's unfunny, and quite honestly it's a film I don't recommend. Granted yes, I like the fact that Christopher Lloyd voices the antagonist, but still, it's a film I would steer clear of if I were you.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf were not villains,pay attention and you will see they are just cluelessly telling Tex about the contract. Tex was talking about ''restoring Kermit's office'' then when the critics leave he unleashes his actual plot.
I just realized yesterday Tex and Rachel have the same motive going in terms of their plans. Tex planned to demolish the Muppet studio for oil, while Rachel planned to turn it into a night club. The only difference is that Tex's plans succeeded, while Rachel's plans failed in the end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ONLY because the theatrical cut of the movie removed the real reason Tex Richman wanted to destroy the studio. Thus making the villain look like something out of Captain Planet, and making it almost petty for the Muppets to finally care about something they let fall into disrepair in the first place.

I liked The Muppets, but I'll agree it deserves a "worst." A "Worst" for "Worst editing."