Muppets Most Wanted rated

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Even if it did get a G, it won't bother me. After all, past Muppet films were rated G.
Though if made nowadays, some of the G Muppet movies would probably be counted as PG flicks. For instance, I doubt certain scenes in MTI would pass for "G rated" scenes these days. Not that a G rating would bug me. But even so, modern day G films are often considered strictly kiddie fare by the general public.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I didn't really expect it to be anything above/below PG. PG seems to be the new G.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though if made nowadays, some of the G Muppet movies would probably be counted as PG flicks. For instance, I doubt certain scenes in MTI would pass for "G rated" scenes these days. Not that a G rating would bug me. But even so, modern day G films are often considered strictly kiddie fare by the general public.
Pixar's the only company that gets away with a G rating. And barely. I don't even see why we have a G rating anymore. The system is screwed up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just said that.

And yes Pixar is the only ones that can get away with it as they're Pixar. Anyone else will look foolish if you don't want the audience to think you have a 'tude for the hipsters.

Still, it's impossible to get a G now. And no one wants it. So, it's a feat to get something that you don't want in the first place that you can only walk away from if you're Pixar... and chances are a good half of your movies are PG anyway.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If the Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper were released today they would probably receive a PG due to the guns.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If TMM was released today, it would probably get a had R because of someone in the background smoking. I'm sure even the references to champagne would get it a freakin' PG-13. I love these moral panic stories where some antsy pants parental group with too much time on their hands says that "today's PG-13 movies are yesterday's R rated movies" because they get away with one or two things. Yet, the list of things that give a film a hard R grow every day. The Wolverine, rated PG-13, had more discretion shots when Wolverine stabbed a guy with his claws than a TV Y7 cartoon show.

Also, I love how they ignore that today's PG films are yesterday's G's. Marketing standpoint or not, every "PG" movie I've seen in recent memory that wasn't Rango was perfectly fine for a preschool audience.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If all the muppet films were made today, all of them FOR SURE would be rated PG, here are the reasons.

TMM= For Mild Peril and Drinking
GMC= For Mild Violence, Language, Innuendo, and Drinking
MTM= Some Thematic Elements
MCC= Some Thematic Elements
MTI= For Mild Violence, Language, and some Drinking
MFS= Mild Crude Humor
TM'11= RATED G

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
All of the muppet movies would be pg. They all have their moments of pg humor. Especially MFS