Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That would be awesome! And yeah- I love all of Sesame Street- and particularly the Alphabeats and Monotones- those songs are classic. How can you not love "Count It Higher" and "Telephone Rock"? Those are two of my favorite songs on the show. "Rock 'N' Roll Readers" is also a favorite for me- and "Danger".
I'm glad you included the many parody songs Sesame Street has done- I particularly love the Bruce Springsteen and Billy Idol ones.
Nick Normal and the Nickmatics with "The Letter N" has also long been a favorite for me. All good stuff.:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo::batty::insatiable::super::smile::wisdom:

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
I know right?! Their music is SO awesome! I loved the Alphabeats and Monotones since I was little and always haved, so I can't help still being a fangirl to them. They are just so cool! :flirt:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm surprised that, after all these years, there still hasn't been a DVD spotlighting The Count or Oscar. And also surprised there's been no Abby DVD. In fact I've recently realized that there's hardly any videos starring Oscar (just Sing Yourself Sillier at the Movies and maybe Slimey's Worm Games).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe it'd be great if they made special iTunes compilations of various old school supporting characters (though I'd rather have physical releases). It'd be great to see such releases for Harvey Kneeslapper, Biff and Sully, Roosevelt Franklin, Sherlock Hemlock, Two-Headed Monster, and Forgetful Jones. And if it's digital-only, then why not take a risk on a "Complete Deena and Pearl"?

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Maybe it'd be great if they made special iTunes compilations of various old school supporting characters (though I'd rather have physical releases). It'd be great to see such releases for Harvey Kneeslapper, Biff and Sully, Roosevelt Franklin, Sherlock Hemlock, Two-Headed Monster, and Forgetful Jones. And if it's digital-only, then why not take a risk on a "Complete Deena and Pearl"?

Exactly how I feel. More recognition for these guys!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
FOR LITTLE CHRISSY AND THE ALPHABEATS:
1) Count It Higher (their debut performance; their biggest hit)
2) Exit
3) Row, Row, Row Your Boat (featuring Don Music)
4) Yankee Doodle (featuring Don Music)
5) Can You Tell Me How To Yellowstone Park (featuring Don Music)
6) One Way (the Green Alphabeat and Lavender Alphabeat only)
7) The Opposite Song (Little Chrissy only)
8) You're Alive (intro uncut)
9) Raise Your Hand (Little Chrissy only)
10) Rock 'N Roll Readers (intro uncut)
11) Eight Balls of Fur (Little Chrissy only)
12) Cluck Around the Clock
13) Startin' Kindergarten (featuring Big Jeffy)
14) Gonna Rock You to Sleep (featuring Big Jeffy)
15) I Go to School (featuring Big Jeffy)
16) Wet or Dry (Little Chrissy only; also the last song done by Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats to date)
17) Gospel Alphabet (featuring Little Chrissy on piano for Patti LaBelle; the last appearance of Little Chrissy to date)
18) Little Chrissy singing a song to get Joey and Davey Monkey to get along (if it exists)

FOR LITTLE JERRY AND THE MONOTONES:
1) Mad (their debut performance)
2) Surprise (both the original and 80s version)
3) Proud
4) Sad
5) Danger
6) Telephone Rock (their biggest hit)
7) Mary Had a Bicycle (featuring Don Music; without Little Jerry)
8) A Body Full of Rhythm (featuring the Purple monotone)
9) Rock 'N Roll Star (featuring the other Fat Blue monotone in sunglasses)
10) Mountain of Love
11) When You Move the Mouse (their last performance to date)
12) Grover demonstrating "EXIT" (featuring Little Jerry and the Monotones)
13) Grover demonstrating "WALK" (featuring Little Jerry and the Monotones)
14) Beat The Time with Little Jerry (if it exists)
15) Harvey Kneeslapper gets Little Jerry (if it exists)

Regarding those two "if it exists" entries: Are they segments fans have talked about but haven't been able to prove the existence of (like, no sources on Muppet Wiki), segments you remember from long ago but can't find anybody who remembers them, or segments you wish existed?

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Regarding those two "if it exists" entries: Are they segments fans have talked about but haven't been able to prove the existence of (like, no sources on Muppet Wiki), segments you remember from long ago but can't find anybody who remembers them, or segments you wish existed?

Well, the reason I said the "if it exists" part is because I read the "Beat The Time with Little Jerry", "Harvey Kneeslapper wants Little Jerry's autograph", and a discussion about Little Chrissy seeing Joey and Davey Monkey arguing and singing a song about it to help them feel better, but it turned out that they were actually fan fiction instead. Sorry for putting that up in my suggestions; it's just that I wanted to know if they were real or not. It would've been cool to see them though. Anyway, I hope I didn't do anything wrong by making up something that wasn't so. I do hope you forgive me. :embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when the 40th anniversary was happening, I felt like there should have been three special character-based releases: One focusing on the main characters ("The Best of Friends" that came out later is pretty much the same idea), one focusing on old school supporting characters like Sherlock Hemlock, Biff and Sully, Roosevelt Franklin, and Guy Smiley, and one focusing on the most obscure characters of all time (like Professor Hastings, Dr. Nobel Price, Deena and Pearl, Leslie Mostly, and Aristotle). Of course there are some characters I wasn't too sure whether they would be among the "most obscure Sesame Street characters". Like Little Bird and Rodeo Rosie, who weren't on the show much but were heavily featured in books for years. And Bruno the Trashman, who was on the show for at least a decade but not much material has surfaced (though more has surfaced since 2009). And in fact I thought Dr. Nobel Price would be one of the most obscure characters, but then after the 40th anniversary DVD and book came out I started thinking that maybe he's not that obscure after all (though sesamestreet.org still doesn't have any clips with him). I know I made a list of what clips I'd include on those releases in another thread.

But Sesame Workshop could put out special iTunes releases of videos focusing on different characters, particularly obscure or supporting characters. Maybe put them under a special release (like they have for various multi-episode releases).

Like if they could make special 12-video collections (since all those season and "classics" collections have 12 episodes each), here's a few things I would do:

Sesame Street Classic Supporting Characters Vol. 1:
1. Roosevelt Franklin
2. Harvey Kneeslapper
3. Guy Smiley
4. Biff and Sully
5. Forgetful Jones
6. Two-Headed Monster
7. Little Jerry and the Monotones
8. Chrissy and the Alphabeats
9. Sherlock Hemlock
10. Don Music
11. Herry Monster
12. Prairie Dawn

Sesame Street Classic Supporting Characters Vol. 2:
1. Simon Soundman
2. Placido Flamingo
3. Dr. Nobel Price
4. Lefty the Salesman
5. Professor Hastings
6. Leslie Mostly
7. Deena and Pearl
8. Aristotle
9. Herbert Birdsfoot
10. Sam the Robot
11. Little Bird
12. Gladys the Cow

And a rundown of sketches I'd include for a few of those compilations:
Biff and Sully
  • Five Feet High and Rising (with Johnny Cash)
  • Yes and No Song (with Judy Collins)
  • Biff and Sully share a drink
  • Piano Scales
  • One Thing leads to Another
  • Biff Labels Paintings
  • We Coulda
  • This is My J
  • Biff and Sully Get Angry
  • Alphabet
  • Sully Supplies Music
  • Carrot Time
  • Biff and Sully babysit Natasha
  • This Song's For the Birds
  • Roxy Marie's collections
  • Biff hammers 19 times

Guy Smiley
  • Pick Your Pet
  • The Mr. and Mrs. Game
  • What's My Part: Foot
  • The Trading Game
  • Beat the Time: Cookie Monster
  • Here is Your Life: Tooth
  • To Tell a Face
  • Mystery Guest
  • The Leslie Mostly Show
  • Name That Sound: Grover
  • The Letter of the Day Pageant
  • I'll Love You in the Springtime
  • What's My Job?
  • The Audience Goes to Lunch
  • Air
  • Find That Shape

Dr. Nobel Price
  • Foot Snuggies
  • Slushabouts
  • Tinker Table
  • Umbrella
  • Talky Stick
  • Shagaphant
  • Herman the Hoppity Hop
  • Cupcake
  • Soup Experiment
  • Original Invention

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Back when the 40th anniversary was happening, I felt like there should have been three special character-based releases: One focusing on the main characters ("The Best of Friends" that came out later is pretty much the same idea), one focusing on old school supporting characters like Sherlock Hemlock, Biff and Sully, Roosevelt Franklin, and Guy Smiley, and one focusing on the most obscure characters of all time (like Professor Hastings, Dr. Nobel Price, Deena and Pearl, Leslie Mostly, and Aristotle). Of course there are some characters I wasn't too sure whether they would be among the "most obscure Sesame Street characters". Like Little Bird and Rodeo Rosie, who weren't on the show much but were heavily featured in books for years. And Bruno the Trashman, who was on the show for at least a decade but not much material has surfaced (though more has surfaced since 2009). And in fact I thought Dr. Nobel Price would be one of the most obscure characters, but then after the 40th anniversary DVD and book came out I started thinking that maybe he's not that obscure after all (though sesamestreet.org still doesn't have any clips with him). I know I made a list of what clips I'd include on those releases in another thread.

But Sesame Workshop could put out special iTunes releases of videos focusing on different characters, particularly obscure or supporting characters. Maybe put them under a special release (like they have for various multi-episode releases).

Like if they could make special 12-video collections (since all those season and "classics" collections have 12 episodes each), here's a few things I would do:

Sesame Street Classic Supporting Characters Vol. 1:
1. Roosevelt Franklin
2. Harvey Kneeslapper
3. Guy Smiley
4. Biff and Sully
5. Forgetful Jones
6. Two-Headed Monster
7. Little Jerry and the Monotones
8. Chrissy and the Alphabeats
9. Sherlock Hemlock
10. Don Music
11. Herry Monster
12. Prairie Dawn

Sesame Street Classic Supporting Characters Vol. 2:
1. Simon Soundman
2. Placido Flamingo
3. Dr. Nobel Price
4. Lefty the Salesman
5. Professor Hastings
6. Leslie Mostly
7. Deena and Pearl
8. Aristotle
9. Herbert Birdsfoot
10. Sam the Robot
11. Little Bird
12. Gladys the Cow

And a rundown of sketches I'd include for a few of those compilations:
Biff and Sully
  • Five Feet High and Rising (with Johnny Cash)
  • Yes and No Song (with Judy Collins)
  • Biff and Sully share a drink
  • Piano Scales
  • One Thing leads to Another
  • Biff Labels Paintings
  • We Coulda
  • This is My J
  • Biff and Sully Get Angry
  • Alphabet
  • Sully Supplies Music
  • Carrot Time
  • Biff and Sully babysit Natasha
  • This Song's For the Birds
  • Roxy Marie's collections
  • Biff hammers 19 times

Guy Smiley
  • Pick Your Pet
  • The Mr. and Mrs. Game
  • What's My Part: Foot
  • The Trading Game
  • Beat the Time: Cookie Monster
  • Here is Your Life: Tooth
  • To Tell a Face
  • Mystery Guest
  • The Leslie Mostly Show
  • Name That Sound: Grover
  • The Letter of the Day Pageant
  • I'll Love You in the Springtime
  • What's My Job?
  • The Audience Goes to Lunch
  • Air
  • Find That Shape

Dr. Nobel Price
  • Foot Snuggies
  • Slushabouts
  • Tinker Table
  • Umbrella
  • Talky Stick
  • Shagaphant
  • Herman the Hoppity Hop
  • Cupcake
  • Soup Experiment
  • Original Invention
Sounds cool. Anything that features Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats/Little Jerry and the Monotones is fine with me. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the reason I said the "if it exists" part is because I read the "Beat The Time with Little Jerry", "Harvey Kneeslapper wants Little Jerry's autograph", and a discussion about Little Chrissy seeing Joey and Davey Monkey arguing and singing a song about it to help them feel better, but it turned out that they were actually fan fiction instead. Sorry for putting that up in my suggestions; it's just that I wanted to know if they were real or not. It would've been cool to see them though. Anyway, I hope I didn't do anything wrong by making up something that wasn't so. I do hope you forgive me. :embarrassed:

I did also think of that possibility, reading fan fiction and being unable to remember whether it was fan fiction or people writing about actual scenes.