Whose autograph do you have?

Muppetlab

Reaction score

HOW?! How did you acquire these? Was it in person or through the mail? That's an amazing collection!
Thanks Galagr :smile:
I didnt realise how many i had until i layed them all out!
Ive not been lucky enough to get any in person.

They are a mixture of replies to letters, the odd ebay purchase, and people who have worked with the performers getting them for me.

galagr

Reaction score
Thanks Galagr :smile:
I didnt realise how many i had until i layed them all out!
Ive not been lucky enough to get any in person.

They are a mixture of replies to letters, the odd ebay purchase, and people who have worked with the performers getting them for me.

No problem, it really is an impressive collection! :smile: I'm with you, I've never met any of the Muppeteers either. Shoot, your lucky to know people who have worked with them! I have, however, been lucky enough to hear back from Bill Barretta (as you probably already saw).

Do you by chance remember the addresses in which received replies from them? I'd love to add more to my collection!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
No problem, it really is an impressive collection! :smile: I'm with you, I've never met any of the Muppeteers either. Shoot, your lucky to know people who have worked with them! I have, however, been lucky enough to hear back from Bill Barretta (as you probably already saw).

Do you by chance remember the addresses in which received replies from them? I'd love to add more to my collection!
Galagr how did you get Bills autographs cause i am soooo jealous of the Johnny Fiama one!! I want one lol.

And i would also like addresses if that's ok

limey

Reaction score
I have been collecting Muppet/Henson autographs for a number of years. Like most people on this forum a have always been a big fan of past and present Muppeteers, writers, designers, builders etc. I have signatures on various items such as photos, books, posters, cards and letters. I think my favourite items would have to be a Jim Henson signed copy of "Of Muppets and Men" and a copy of Jim Henson: The Works that was given to Jon Stone and signed/dedicated by various people from Sesame St. I am not sure how to add photos to this message, but if anyone is interested and can briefly explain how, I will try to post some examples.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Hey,
Who here has gotten things back from Muppeteers?
I've gotten:
A 8x10 from Frank Oz with a little note.

A 8x10 and 1 page letter from Jerry Nelson and Count Von Count

From Carrol Spinney Ive gotten ok: 5 8x10s (Mainly from my trip to the street), Hes autographed copies of A Life in Feathers, Jim Henson the Works, Of Muppets and Men, and a issue of the Sesame Street Encyclopedia, plus a postcard and a letter

Martin P. Robinson: An 8x10 of Snuffy, and 8x10 of him and me, and the copy of Jim Henson The Works

Ad 8x10 of Elmo from Kevin Clash

A 2 page letter from Jerry Juhl

A 2 page letter from Alice Dinnean Vernon

A 2 page letter from Drew Massey

A 3 page letter, an 8x10, and 2 postcards from John Lovelady

An 8x10 from Brian Henson

A three page letter and an 8x10 from John Kennedy

An 8x10 of her and me, and the copy of Jim Henson: The Works from Carmen Osbahr

A 2 page letter from Steve Whitmire

An 8x10 and hand written letter from John Tartaglia

An 8x10 with me of Roscoe Orman

An 8x10 with me of Emilio Delgado

Alison Bartlett O’Reilly Autographed Jim Henson The Works and Sesame Street Unpaved

Lou Berger and Olamide Faison also autographed Jim Henson The Works

So Who have you gotten back?

PS I'm Looking for Reliable Addresses for Dave Goelz and Bill Baretta

PC :zany: :zany: :zany: and my three penguins
A 2 PAGE LETTER FROM FRIGGIN STEVE WHITMIRE?????? WHAT? WHY? HOW? GIVE ME THE ADDRESS PLEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEE

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
In the way of Muppeteers, I have Caroll Spinney's (and Oscar and Big Bird's) autograph with a cute little doodle. But that's it for Muppets.

I also have a Rock Sugar CD signed by members Alex Track, Chuck Duran, and Jess Harnell (who is also a famous voice actor); as well as a book signed by the New England-based author Marie Myung-Ok Lee, who is a friend of my family's. Also, I have Johnny Depp's autograph, but I never actually met him. I bought it online with a certificate of authenticity. I attended the Sex Tape premiere on Friday and JUST MISSED the opportunity to get Jason Segel, Cameron Diaz, and Ellie Kemper's signatures. :frown:

I wrote to Steve Whitmire 3 times and asked for an autograph, but nothing happened. I'm thinking maybe I got the wrong address? Does anyone know where I can reach Steve at?

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
I have few Muppet autograhps :

Henson the Works Book:
Brian Henson (with personal note)
John Henson
Dave Goelz
Gonzo (with personal note)
All of Goelz TMS characters
Kermit (with personal note)
Steve Whitmire

Blackpool Illuminations Programme:
Jim Henson
Kermit
Richard Hunt
Satler & Waldorf
Sweetumes

Muppet Misc.
A nice Letter from Jerry Juhl
A nice Letter from Cheryl Henson
Kermit's Gudie to the 90's book from Kermit, Gonzo, Steve & Dave
1986 Company christmas card with "Jim" inside
A personal note from Brian Henson
Photo with Kermit & Miss Piggy autograhps

Non-Muppet autograhps :
Eddie Izzard
Matt "Little Britain" Lucas
David "Little Britain" Williams

:smile:
Good god, man. Not only all that Muppet stuff, but Eddie Izzard too? Jealous :mad:

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Sometimes a SASE helps, but not always... if your friendly and polite, compliment their work, and ask tons of questions!
Those were my main points to getting responses...

Thanks all
PC
I sent a SASE when I wrote to Caroll and Steve; and when I wrote to Danny Elfman too, for that matter (that letter came back stamped RETURN TO SENDER, so that's the end of that). Anyway, I tried to be as polite, question-asking, non-creepy as possible, and it seemed to work with Caroll. But either A. I creeped Steve out, or B. I wrote to the wrong address.
Whatever. I'll vouch for you here. Good advice! Maybe I'll try again with Steve.