MUPPETS Screenwriter Nicholas Stoller Says THE MUPPETS Might Be Coming Back to TV

Jerry Bindas

Reaction score
i certainly would love to see the Muppets back on television. been a huge fan forever-i'm 46 and still loving them! disappointed MMW didn't do as well. not sure why it didn't-i'd attribute to timing of the release. Muppets being a family friendly bunch seem to do better with holiday releases. also thought the build up was less this time around. with The Muppets, seemed like the online presence was consistent for about a year with various videos...this time-MMW-seemed only a ramp up the last 2 months. but i digress-back to television. the dream would be an all Muppets channel-certainly enough material available for it-biggest obstacle is having all the Muppet properties divided among PBS/CTW, Disney, JHC, and others. however, i'd love to see Kermit & gang keep doing commercials. a few specials and a new Muppet Show. very similar to the original back in the late 70s. the format holds up, there would be no shortage of guest stars to choose from. use social media to promote the show on a regular basis. as for options on where to air-that's tough. maybe syndication again? worked well the first time. make a deal w/BBC America maybe? certainly many possibilities. regardless-a strong social media presence is needed whichever way they go-stronger & more consistent. there is still great potential with the Muppets, if Disney chooses to make the most of it. and handles it properly.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Here's a bright idea! Try bringing TMS Seasons 4 & 5 (well 4 first of course) to DVD before doing anything else new!!:rolleyes: I realize there are copyright issues & all that. But there must have been with Seasons 1-3 & they came out without any problem . What's the holdup?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I truly think a muppet show might not work today, I mean as much as I want it too it might not. The only way to find out is to produce a pilot and test ratings!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
But they have enough money to make a NEW Muppet Show??
Copyrights are a b**** aren't they? And I'm taking a new MS with a grain of salt! Unless Disney says otherwise Ill believe it when I see it. As for the $$$ I've heard they want a ridiculous amount of money for the remaining two seasons of course no one really knows why it's all speculation and not saying disney doesn't have the mullah but when they can make their own show under their own copyrights don't you think that would be first? But again there's nothing set in stone that says a new MS is in the works it's just what Nicholas has heard. Hearing and doing are two completely different things.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is pretty funny that Disney is claiming they are prevented from doing something because of money. Yeah, they're so poor, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Stoller said that one of his Muppet movie ideas involves Kermit and Miss Piggy getting married. Not sure if I like that idea as the whole plot for a movie, but it reminds me of how in Jim Henson: The Biography, Jerry Juhl suggested an idea for a movie about Miss Piggy being pregnant, and Henson saying the idea was too specific.