Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's official! The Muppets eighth feature film, "Muppets Most Wanted" is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday August 12, 2014. Find out all the official details here on this anticipated Blu-ray release.

The home edition of the Muppets comedy will feature three different cuts: the Original Theatrical Cut, the Statler and Waldorf Cut and The Unnecessarily Extended Cut.

BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES:
• The Unnecessarily Extended Cut
• The Statler and Waldorf Cut
• The Longer Longest Blooper Reel in Muppets History
• Rizzo’s Biggest Fan
• “I’ll Get You What You Want” Music Video Performed by Bret McKenzie

DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE BONUS FEATURES:
• Frog-E-Oke: I’m Number One
• And more!

Since most of us will be getting "Muppets Most Wanted" we'd like to mention that if you pre-order Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray or pre-order Muppets Most Wanted on DVD from Amazon using these links, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the movie with a low-price guarantee - if the price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll automatically receive the lowest price. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you plan on buying "Muppets Most Wanted" on Blu-ray or DVD, please like this post.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Waldorf and Statler cut. Let me guess. A cut with 5 seconds of movie or something like that. Extended Cut is nice. Rest of the extra's just so so.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So three different cuts? I was kinda hoping the deleted scenes would be on their own, but at least we'll be getting them (in the form of an extended cut).

So glad that Brett McKenzie's music video will be featured.

Huh, I don't think I've ever made a wishlist for bonus features. That's got to be a first.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm betting that the Statlar and Waldorf version of the movie will kind of be like an audio commentary, with them heckling throughout the movie. What I'm interested in is the Rizzo's biggest fan. Now that should be interesting.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wow Disney, great job with extras "slow clap". Well I guess when a film doesn't do good at the box office they won't exactly give the special treatment to a film. But still it seems okay, let me tell you my insight on each bonus.

• UNNECESSARILY EXTENDED EDITION: that seems like a step in the right direction, I mean it is basically deleted scenes, but inserted in the film so even better. 10/10
  • :boo: & :sleep: Cut: Hope that's an audio commentary, seems interesting. 9/10
THE SPECIAL FEATURES​
  • The Longer Longest Blooper Reel in Muppet History: EH, Not exactly special 6/10
  • Rizzo's Biggest Fan: Well Rizzo's in it so probably good, don't know what it is 8/10
  • Frog-E-Oke: I'm Number One: Seems to be a popular bonus for Disney to cram in nowadays, seems ok. 6/10
  • I'll Get You What You Want: Already on Youtube, but still cool. 7/10
Overall I think MMW has a decent Blu-Ray, but unfortunately I don't have a Blu-Ray player, so I always buy the single disc DVD. For "The Muppets (2011)" all there was was the blooper reel. Hope this time the single disc DVD has more, but oh well if they have Rizzo's Big Fan then I guess I'm okay.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Im not gonna lie.... i actually dont mind the cover art for this. I mean yes its the poster but they made it work

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Although considering how the movie flopped I'm not feeling so good about special preorder goodies. But we shall see!! I am very excited about the extended version! Thank god I have a bluray player! This will mean nothing to people but I'm glad it's coming out a week later then originally planned because had it been on August 5 I doubt Id be able to get it that day as my baby has to get some nasty shots and I know she's be too miserable to take her shopping with me. So yay for the 12th! :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Im not gonna lie.... i actually dont mind the cover art for this. I mean yes its the poster but they made it work
I'm betting like the previous film that the DVD single-disc will have different (and better) cover art. Anyways, I'm done hoping for anything from the muppet performers, since Disney pretends that the muppets are "living beings".

Status
Not open for further replies.