Muppets on CNN tonight at 9:00 EST

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Okay I had some issues with certain parts about Kermit & Piggy in the beginning but that's what happens when your a hardcore fan of theirs...:stick_out_tongue: Other then that I enjoyed the rest especially the Jim Henson segment. And yeah the part where the girl says "parents aren't complaining to taking their kids to see MMW." It's ashame not ENOUGH parents took their kids but that's a whole other subject. And did they also say Disney tapped Jason Segal for a reboot? Uhh...I think it was the it other way around folks. Although I feel like Fozzie "I don't want this moment to end!!" And finally Terry Crews I love when he said "Kermit is a national icon."

Yeah I didnt enjoy this too much either.. I liked the Jim Henson part, but the Kermit Piggy thing took up at least 10 minutes and was kind of not even "funny" or whatever they were going for!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I enjoyed the Kermit and Piggy bit but it wasn't anything I don't or most of us know. And it really irked me when they said Piggy says their married and Kermit says they aren't because that's no longer accurate. Piggy had admitted back on Jimmy Kimmel when they promoted the last film that that wedding was only in a movie. Sometimes it's not good being a hardcore Muppet fan you tend to knit pick and strip apart a lot of things...

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
The only thing that bothered me was that the whole first half of CNN Spotlight: The Muppets was just on Kermit and Piggy's relationship, and, after a while, it got boring. The second half was just, yay!!! Kids of this generation ( if they were watching) will finally get to learn about Jim Henson. ( Highlight: Sam and Friends clips. Interview Highlight: Miss Piggy, " Who's Jim Henson?" then Kermit says, " He's a hippie with a beard. I'll show you a picture of him later.)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I would've enjoyed it more if they had actually showed new footage of them but in wasn't it was just interviews they had did when they were promoting the film. Again it wasn't anything that hasn't already been talked about with Kermit and Piggy 5 million times.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The Jim Henson segment was my favorite but dang it everytime I see any kind of footage of him I get so teary eyed...:frown:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Same, I was watching it with my family, and they said, " Isn't it sad?" when they were talking about JH's death, but there I was, crying my head off, thinking, " Um, what do you think?"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Gosh that was a good special, I wish I had cable so I could have watched it in a TV atmosphere, but still really cool. It's not like we learned anything new, but with these documentaries, it's cool to see the interpretation the company makes of the muppets. Though why were TMM and GMC listed as AFD and Universal Pictures? I know they were originally from that company, but aren't they owned by Disney? Overall a great spotlight, I'd love to see this as a special feature on TMS season 4, and a great birthday present for me! :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Right after Jim passed away the Muppets did a wonderful tribute show called the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. Throughout the show Fozzie and the Muppets where asked to put together a tribute for this man named Jim Henson while Kermit was traveling. Throughout the show Fozzie, Piggy and the others start learning about who Jim was, and how he impacted not only there lives, but the lives of so many others around the world. Just before the Muppets production is about the begin Fozzie discovers actual letters from fans. With the very first letter read the Muppets discover that Jim had died, and that many more people loved and respected Jim. After reading a few more letters Fozzie decides that the show they where going to put on was not good enough for such a wonderful person, and cancelled the production in the end Robin helps Fozzie and the others realize that if Just one person believe in you you can do anything.

This little show was in my mind one of the most important in the Muppets history, and yet it somehow gets ignored. The Muppets learned who Jim was and then learned of his death, and I don't think they would forget that. So to have Piggy, and other Muppets not know who Jim was kind of makes me a little upset. I mean after that special i just don't think the Muppets would forget or not know who Jim was and what he meant to them and the rest of the world.