A Question about Floyd and Mahna Mahna's Eyes

Wafflesnacker

Reaction score
Now I love these characters, a rocky guy and one that can only say Mahna and play the triangle!
Look at Floyd, one thing that divides him from the others, his...
Eyes! Ever looked at his eyes and said, are they just holes? I see no pupils or any signs of eyes! And his 'holes' close as well, always freaked me out. :sing:

Mahna Mahna has the same eyes, but they don't close. But still creep me out! Can someone explain these strange body parts of theirs?

But if there is no truth to these eyes let's just...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes Mahna Mahna eyes do close if you watch an original Jim Henson prefromance from the Muppet Show his eyes close.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Lol the blinking sunglasses, a new invention from Bunsen honeydew.

Wafflesnacker

Reaction score
I'm also confused about Janice's uvula, why is her one dangling? And Dr teeth's glasses can move? :big_grin:

gravy

Reaction score
I'm also confused about Janice's uvula, why is her one dangling? And Dr teeth's glasses can move? :big_grin:
It dangles because, gravity. Dr. Teeth's eyes probably (this is just a guess) work the same way Oscar The Grouch's eyebrows move.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a very abstract way of sunglasses I think; just another stroke of Jim genius.

"Lenticular eyes - seen only at dramatic moments when he suddenly looks full into camera"

It's just used to give expression to foam and rubber.

The Janice thing was actually planned:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Yeah, they're supposed to be blinking sunglasses. I love how abstract Muppet eyes can be. Like Kermit's eyes, or Chip's blinking pupils.