Rumor: Muppets Stage Show

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this thread but does anyone think this Muppet Broadway thing is still in production for future release?

I am still looking forward to it if it is.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
If this did happen, why would they have live recordings??? Why can't they just pre-record it, so if one of the performers isn't available, they could just lip-synch to the pre-recordings??

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If this did happen, why would they have live recordings??? Why can't they just pre-record it, so if one of the performers isn't available, they could just lip-synch to the pre-recordings??
Because that defeats the purpose of live theater. It reduces the performance to a themepark attraction instead of a fine art piece. Don't get me wrong. Themepark attractions are cool. But theatergoers shouldn't shell out high ticket prices for two hours of lip syncing. I guess Madonna gets away with it, but that's another matter.

A limited run with primary performers having understudies is the right way to go.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Because that defeats the purpose of live theater. It reduces the performance to a themepark attraction instead of a fine art piece. Don't get me wrong. Themepark attractions are cool. But theatergoers shouldn't shell out high ticket prices for two hours of lip syncing. I guess Madonna gets away with it, but that's another matter.

A limited run with primary performers having understudies is the right way to go.
Hmm... yeah, I take that back. Because, after all, they will probably have a different script each time they do it..... well, hopefully. Because, I wouldn't go to see it 2 times, then!!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Hmm... yeah, I take that back. Because, after all, they will probably have a different script each time they do it..... well, hopefully. Because, I wouldn't go to see it 2 times, then!!
That's kind of how live theater works. Lion King, Book of Mormon, Jersey Boys, they all use the same script for each performance. What makes each show unique is the different interpretation and energy put into each performance. Maybe they'll have a rotation of a few different guest stars and that could change things up a bit, but I wouldn't expect a different show every day.

That's to say, if they ever actually do this.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The New York Public Library actually films most Broadway (and off-Broadway) productions. So, if the Muppets ever did make it to 42nd street, there's a chance it'll get taped and you can watch it at the Library.