How's the weather where you are?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yesterday they let us off work at 11:00 because it was snowing. I left at 12:30--had to get something done, and I wanted to time it so I wouldn't be waiting forever for a bus. The bus ride took 45 minutes when it usually takes 15. But it looked like people were driving safe, so no complaints.

We got about two inches of snow, and Atlanta is broken. The buses aren't running and a lot of people didn't make it home at all, but had to sack out at their workplace, in whatever stores would shelter them, or in their cars. I'm so glad to be at home, where I have power and a fridge full of food. Hopefully we'll get unstuck tomorrow or Friday.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yesterday they let us off work at 11:00 because it was snowing. I left at 12:30--had to get something done, and I wanted to time it so I wouldn't be waiting forever for a bus. The bus ride took 45 minutes when it usually takes 15. But it looked like people were driving safe, so no complaints.

We got about two inches of snow, and Atlanta is broken. The buses aren't running and a lot of people didn't make it home at all, but had to sack out at their workplace, in whatever stores would shelter them, or in their cars. I'm so glad to be at home, where I have power and a fridge full of food. Hopefully we'll get unstuck tomorrow or Friday.
Yikes, I'm glad you're safe at home. I saw video on the news of people sleeping in a CVS and things like that, I imagine it was scary and annoying for anyone stranded away from home like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh. They don't even think about closing schools up here unless it's over 6 inches. Though they did cancel it the night of a forecasted huge storm that only gave us like 4, maybe 5... and that was a week ago. It's actually been too cold (or rather, too dry) to snow over here. I wouldn't mind a little snow, but these below 20 degree temps and below zero dew points are killing my sinuses. Thankfully we warmed up into the balmy lower twenties today.

Have I mentioned how much I hatehatehatehatehate this season yet? January feels like 3 months. it's that long.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
It's cold, and snowed two inches last night. Not too much, but it's still very cold. Luckily, it's my day off from work.:cool:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Monsoon season is finally here again! We should be getting some rain later this evening! :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's sunny here! It's going to be a beautiful night for my town's fireworks tonight.