What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Yeah, Muppets Christmas Letters To Santa was pretty bad. I mean, the explosions related joke with Crazy Harry in that film got plain old and wasn't even that funny anymore. On The Muppet Show when Statler and Waldorf said that joke, it was fine, but to reuse that joke again gave me a good reason to hate that film.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot, but my least favorite that I've seen (out of like five) was Muppets Most Wanted.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Muppets wizard of oz, i would only watch that one again if someone had a gun to my head, i think we can all agree that ashanti is like the worst actress in the history of the world.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Other uneccessary muppet films include:
-It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (granted i own a vhs copy of it, but still)
-A Muppets Christmas Letters To Santa (like i said, the joke with Crazy Harry wasn't even that funny anymore)

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Even though I own this film anyways, I'm going to have to say Muppets Christmas Letters to Santa. Granted, it's not nearly as bad as MWoO, but still there were some downsides for me about that film and I'm going to start by listing them:
-The explosives joke with Crazy Harry was funny back in 1975 when he could do it whenever he wanted. But many years later in 2008, not so much.
-If I'm correct, Pops only got one scene in that film selling tickets to people standing outside. He should of have gotten more scenes.
-Like with the case of Pops, Luncheon Counter Monster only got one scene at the beginning, sorting mail.
-No Johnny, Sal, or Clifford in this film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, your ideal Muppet Movie is one with every single character ever with really big parts?

You must not like a single one, huh? :fanatic:

LTS has a crapload of flaws. Characters not appearing in it isn't one of them. Runtime, pacing, an ending that feels rushed, almost a cop-out is what I'd say was the problem. Characters that have yet to be recast wouldn't have improved that.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
-If I'm correct, Pops only got one scene in that film selling tickets to people standing outside. He should of have gotten more scenes.
Um...are you talking about VMX? Anyways, why would you complain about Pop's screen time? Sure he had a beefy role in GMC, but even then it wasn't much. He wasn't in TMM (wasn't around then, though even if he was I doubt he'd do more than be in the finale), he had one line in MTM, he had one or two in MCC, he did not appear in MTI or MFS, he had a short ticket selling scene in VMX, he wasn't in MWoO, he had a scene selling tickets in LTS again as you said, he wasn't in TM, and he had the short scene on the wall talking to Kermit in MMW.

So at average Pops has either no screen time or a short scene, so his screen time in LTS is basically above average!

-Like with the case of Pops, Luncheon Counter Monster only got one scene at the beginning, sorting mail.
Uhh...so this was Luncheon Counter Monster's first film appearance since his background appearances in TMM, GMC, and MTM and he's not main enough to have one central puppeteer, and you're complaining about his screen time!!

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
@Dr Tooth: No, I do like some films the muppets did, like MCC, MTI, and MFS. And even though I have MWoO on DVD, I consider the idea of an older Dorothy to be too out there. That and they copied off the script of the original 1939 Wizard of Oz movie and altered it. Not your finest moment there Disney. But at least Disney cleaned up their act since then. Sure, they might of done that with the original Treasure Island and Christmas Carol stories when creating Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol, but at least they didn't entirely alter them like they did with MWoO. Make sense?