TV Alert: The Muppets on "A Capitol Fourth" Friday July 4, 2014

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
maybe boring wasn't the right choice of words, Muppets on TV are never boring but lately none of their appearances excite me as they used too. Even when they were promoting the movie apart from Constantine none of the interviews were wildly entertaining.

This time around they had kids on stage, have Sweetums and the Mutations dance around in the background and those kids would have been life long Muppet fans. Maybe this is stretching it a little but having Marvin Suggs perform the national anthem using Muppaphones where Kermit and Miss piggy were located would have been such a highlight for all those kids. Then I want to say include a choir of Penguins, Crazy Harry Fire Work display but then you would need more than two performers so that might be unfair to criticise.

I just wish the Muppets would add that extra "Muppet magic" especially when given the honours of appearing to millions who would otherwise not tune in to watch them... make good use of the opportunity.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
maybe boring wasn't the right choice of words, Muppets on TV are never boring but lately none of their appearances excite me as they used too. Even when they were promoting the movie apart from Constantine none of the interviews were wildly entertaining.

This time around they had kids on stage, have Sweetums and the Mutations dance around in the background and those kids would have been life long Muppet fans. Maybe this is stretching it a little but having Marvin Suggs perform the national anthem using Muppaphones where Kermit and Miss piggy were located would have been such a highlight for all those kids. Then I want to say include a choir of Penguins, Crazy Harry Fire Work display but then you would need more than two performers so that might be unfair to criticise.

I just wish the Muppets would add that extra "Muppet magic" especially when given the honours of appearing to millions who would otherwise not tune in to watch them... make good use of the opportunity.
I think I know what you mean. Because, lately, just most of the main Muppets have been appearing on TV appearances, and it would be nice to have more obscure Muppets in there. Not saying that I don't like Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal. Gonzo and Fozzie are two of my favorites.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Adding to what mr sweetums said about the muppet magic I mean yeah you could argue that they could try a little harder but when live they are a little bit more restricted to when they on the big screen or on the show as if something goes wrong it's un editable, and yes I also agree that some more so called obscure muppets should be used as well as it could introduce some would be fans to the more outrageous and crazier characters.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think I know what you mean. Because, lately, just most of the main Muppets have been appearing on TV appearances, and it would be nice to have more obscure Muppets in there. Not saying that I don't like Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal. Gonzo and Fozzie are two of my favorites.
Actually, all I ever see is "kermit and piggy, kermit and piggy"

Interviewer: Oh Kermit and Miss Piggy are you guys married?
Miss Piggy: yes
Kermit: well...we are in a relationship
Interviewer: Who was this Jim Henson fellow?
Kermit: He helped me up.
Miss Piggy: I've never heard of him. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

IS THAT ALL THE INTERVIEWS HAVE TO OFFER????
Why don't you bring in fozzie or gonzo and have them say something like I don't know something YOU'D SAY TO A REAL PERSON. Even better, why not have Steve, Eric, Dave, Bill, David, Matt, or any other puppeteer and let 'em have some fun on Kimmel or Fallon. You know if they did that then their names would be much more well-known.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Even if the muppets do appear, make 'em do something. Let Fozzie do a monologue, let Animal have a drum solo, let Gonzo throw himself out of a cannon, let Piggy sing an over-the-top duet with some over-rated celebrity, and with that said engage them in a hilarious conversation, I mean come on we've seen Kimmel and Fallon and Letterman have chats with Jason Siegel or Tina Fey, nowadays they treat the muppets like kids! The only recent TV muppet appearance that raised my eyebrow and laugh-out-loud was Kimmel with Gonzo which was actually not bad.

Now this is how you make a muppet appearance, I think whoever writes some of the recent muppet appearances should learn a thing or two from this. Best of all, the muppets aren't treated as 4-year olds. Even better than that, Jim Henson and Frank Oz even make an appearance at the end! :smile:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Actually, all I ever see is "kermit and piggy, kermit and piggy"

Interviewer: Oh Kermit and Miss Piggy are you guys married?
Miss Piggy: yes
Kermit: well...we are in a relationship
Interviewer: Who was this Jim Henson fellow?
Kermit: He helped me up.
Miss Piggy: I've never heard of him. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

IS THAT ALL THE INTERVIEWS HAVE TO OFFER????
Why don't you bring in fozzie or gonzo and have them say something like I don't know something YOU'D SAY TO A REAL PERSON. Even better, why not have Steve, Eric, Dave, Bill, David, Matt, or any other puppeteer and let 'em have some fun on Kimmel or Fallon. You know if they did that then their names would be much more well-known.
THANK YOU, MUPPET MASTER!!!!!!!!! So, I'm asking, like out of the 1,000 channels that there are ( including the HD ones) some TV channels should show interviews that have other Muppets besides Kermit and Piggy!!!!

Eyeball

Reaction score
THANK YOU, MUPPET MASTER!!!!!!!!! So, I'm asking, like out of the 1,000 channels that there are ( including the HD ones) some TV channels should show interviews that have other Muppets besides Kermit and Piggy!!!!
To be fair though they are 2 of the 3 main characters from the last movie and 2 of the main characters overall so it does kinda make sense to use them a lot more then any other muppet.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
Why doe it have to be Kermit and Miss Piggy everytime. Why can't it be Constantine and Walter.

Besides the Kermit fans won't be confused at all when they switch out Kermit for Constantine because they look the same. Constantine just has his little brown mark on his lip.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Why doe it have to be Kermit and Miss Piggy everytime. Why can't it be Constantine and Walter.

Besides the Kermit fans won't be confused at all when they switch out Kermit for Constantine because they look the same. Constantine just has his little brown mark on his lip.
Maybe because Constantine and the switching joke is now kinda irrelevant to the marketing of the muppets? It makes me wonder if we'll ever see him again which it'd be a shame if we didn't.

muppetlover123

Reaction score

Because Constantine and Walter are one new muppets, and people dont wanna see Constantine they want Kermit