Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And on the same token, maybe we should also take stands and make petitions to get the insiders that have since abandoned us like Phillip Chapman, GelflingWaldo/Greg James, etc. to take breaks from their personal lives and get back to work reporting the reasons why Seasons 4 and 5 were delayed, etc.!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The problem is legal red tape, that's what! Obviously, some music rights holders and celebrity estates still refuse to budge and grant them the licenses that they need!

I wonder if the emails and whatnot that Disney gets regarding Seasons 4 and 5 get shared with the greedy, miserly jerk legal people that won't let Disney have the legal clearances that they need in order to release Seasons 4 and 5. That would probably go a long way towards getting the remaining TMS seasons released, especially when the legal people realize that they're losing money by the sets not being released.
You know, if you put it THAT WAY I kind of feel sorry for Disney. Who knows which guest stars or guest star estates or song writers or song writer's estates are keeping Disney from releasing the remaining seasons, I mean why would they do that anyway, why torture the muppets when the guest star on the show most likely begged and pleaded to be on it! So, why wasn't there this problem with the first three seasons then? What gives me hope that Disney'll at least attempt to release the last two seasons is this.

This video was made on July 3, 2014. Well, not the video, but the advertisement at the end which states "IN STORES NOW" which shows the theatrically released muppet films that Disney owns besides TM'11 on Blu-Ray along with THE FIRST THREE SEASONS OF THE MUPPET SHOW ON DVD!!!!!!!!!! It also says copyright 2014 DISNEY. So they've got to have more planned if they market the first three seasons on that video and amazon and the three seasons could give you discount $ on MMW in theaters, so I mean if they market it well then they obviously have more in store. So, I'm guessing they're planning the release of TMS s4 and s5. Maybe not tomorrow or next month or even next year, but it'll probably be coming soon.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And on the same token, maybe we should also take stands and make petitions to get the insiders that have since abandoned us like Phillip Chapman, GelflingWaldo/Greg James, etc. to take breaks from their personal lives and get back to work reporting the reasons why Seasons 4 and 5 were delayed, etc.!
...ya' sure that's the idea you wanna go with?

David French

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing.

Ladies and gents, contrary to Duke's post we don't know the exact reasons why there is a delay. Maybe it is a licencing issue, maybe it's because Disney/Buena Vista are no longer interested in releasing the last two seasons. Whatever, baseless speculation will not get us anywhere.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing.

Ladies and gents, contrary to Duke's post we don't know the exact reasons why there is a delay. Maybe it is a licencing issue, maybe it's because Disney/Buena Vista are no longer interested in releasing the last two seasons. Whatever, baseless speculation will not get us anywhere.
I doubt that they're no longer interested in releasing the last two seasons.

But I do agree that baseless speculation is not healthy.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
We don't have much of a choice. After all, they did abandon us without explanations and due to their strong connections with the sources, they owe us explanations as to why Seasons 4 and 5 have been delayed.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
We don't have much of a choice. After all, they did abandon us without explanations and due to their strong connections with the sources, they owe us explanations as to why Seasons 4 and 5 have been delayed.
All we really have now is The Muppet Mindset, ToughPigs, and MuppetsHenson, and I doubt they have any inside information.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Um. They literally owe us nothing. They have personal lives that are more important some Muppet info. You should respect their decisions, not try to force them to do something you want.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Um. They literally owe us nothing. They have personal lives that are more important some Muppet info. You should respect their decisions, not try to force them to do something you want.
I understand, but I still feel that they do owe us things.

Another insider is OpenVaultDisney and I really wish he would post here again to reassure us all that Disney is still committed to releasing the rest of the Muppet Show on DVD and that they know about the demand for it and that they do care and that they're still working on getting all the legal red tape cleared and that they feel bad about not fulfilling their original promise to release Season 4 in 2010 as they announced at the 2009 D23 Expo.

Last edited: