The Muppet Central Book Club

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Welcome fellow Muppet book lovers to the Muppet Central Book Club, or MCBC for short! This is a thread where fellow book readers can come and share not only there love for reading, but love for all things Muppet/Henson related. This is an open club, meaning that everyone is welcome to take part, and join the fun. That being said, there are some ground rules I feel we should go over.

First Rule: As stated above this is an open club which means folks can come and go as they please.

So, let us all remember to be respectful and follow all of he forum rules and guidelines found here.....

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/help/terms

Second Rule: There will, at no time, be a club “President/Vice President”. I (dwayne1115) will be “In Charge” of the club. Which means, I will be selecting the books, setting time frames, and doing my best to keep the flow of the conversations positive and moving. There will be times I will have others “In Charge” from time to time, but they will be notified through private message before hand.

Third Rule: We will be talking about one book at a time. There are several wonderful Muppet related books, and if you would like to make a request please send me a private message so we do not junk up the forum with a request thread.

Fourth Rule: (Final Rule) We will be talking about many different topics some of which could be “sensitive” so lets keep in mind that we have members of all ages, and keep the conversation as positive polite as we can.

The first Book we will be discussing is JIM HENSON: THE BIOGRAPHY by Brian Jay Jones.

The actual first meeting of the club will be on 8/9/2014 one month from the day this thread was opened. The reason for this is to give everyone a chance to get the book, or finish reading it. (like me)

At the first meeting we will start with the intro to the book and the prolog. Then within a few days we will move on to chapter one and so on.

I look forward to finishing this book, and then discussing each chapter with everyone very soon!

Happy reading, and we will see you all on 08/09/2014!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Welcome fellow Muppet book lovers to the Muppet Central Book Club, or MCBC for short! This is a thread where fellow book readers can come and share not only there love for reading, but love for all things Muppet/Henson related. This is an open club, meaning that everyone is welcome to take part, and join the fun. That being said, there are some ground rules I feel we should go over.

First Rule: As stated above this is an open club which means folks can come and go as they please.

So, let us all remember to be respectful and follow all of he forum rules and guidelines found here.....

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/help/terms

Second Rule: There will, at no time, be a club “President/Vice President”. I (dwayne1115) will be “In Charge” of the club. Which means, I will be selecting the books, setting time frames, and doing my best to keep the flow of the conversations positive and moving. There will be times I will have others “In Charge” from time to time, but they will be notified through private message before hand.

Third Rule: We will be talking about one book at a time. There are several wonderful Muppet related books, and if you would like to make a request please send me a private message so we do not junk up the forum with a request thread.

Fourth Rule: (Final Rule) We will be talking about many different topics some of which could be “sensitive” so lets keep in mind that we have members of all ages, and keep the conversation as positive polite as we can.

The first Book we will be discussing is JIM HENSON: THE BIOGRAPHY by Brian Jay Jones.

The actual first meeting of the club will be on 8/9/2014 one month from the day this thread was opened. The reason for this is to give everyone a chance to get the book, or finish reading it. (like me)

At the first meeting we will start with the intro to the book and the prolog. Then within a few days we will move on to chapter one and so on.

I look forward to finishing this book, and then discussing each chapter with everyone very soon!

Happy reading, and we will see you all on 08/09/2014!
There isn't going to be an election?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There isn't going to be an election?
No I'm sorry there will not be any voting for a president/vice president. I do appreciate what you all where trying to do, but this is still my baby and I still feel that this will be a great thing here on the forums. So I can't let someone else take it over. That is why I have set the rules that i have in place. This is not going to be some popularity contest, to see who can be in charge of what. All that this club is meant to be is a fun little thing where we all can gather and talk about all the great Muppet/Henson books.

Last edited:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Yay! I have already listened to the audiobook once and read the actual book once, but frankly, I don't mind having an excuse to read it again. :wink: Looking forward to the discussion!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I have yet to read it, but I really want to.. guess I'll have to buy it in the next few days.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see it started a month from now. Awesome, I have time to read it! :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I have yet to read it, but I really want to.. guess I'll have to buy it in the next few days.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see it started a month from now. Awesome, I have time to read it! :smile:
I read it a while back, such a great book!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say right now, that this book was definitely worth reading. I can't wait to get into more detail about it next month. But, in the meantime, I think I'll start reading it all over again, just to be ready!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No I'm sorry there will not be any voting for a president/vice president. I do appreciate what you all where trying to do, but this is still my baby and I still feel that this will be a great thing here on the forums. So I can't let someone else take it over. That is why I have set the rules that i have in place. This is not going to be some popularity contest, to see who can be in charge of what. All that this club is meant to be is a fun little thing where we all can gather and talk about all the great Muppet/Henson books.
I don't want to hurt your feelings but I am leaving the book club. I am really busy and I have to focus on other things.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I don't want to hurt your feelings but I am leaving the book club. I am really busy and I have to focus on other things.
Are you just hiding your disappointment over the fact that there won't be an election and you won't be in charge?